Windows 10: Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to...

Discus and support Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 I recently got a new Laptop. I didn't have a Microfoft account so created a new email. I setup Windows and all was good for a little while.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theworldsaplayground, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to...

Windows 10

I recently got a new Laptop. I didn't have a Microfoft account so created a new email. I setup Windows and all was good for a little while.

Until last night, I decided to install Skype. I don't have a Skype account so registered my new and unused Outlook email account. It also asked me my name and I used a psydonym because it's for work and I like to have a little privacy.

Anyway, Microsoft have now changed my login to Windows username to my Skype username which clearly I don't want as it's not me.

This wouldn't be so bad if I could change it but when I try to change the username within Windows account settings there is no option available. I tried to change the name through Skype but it just changes the Skype name now, not the Windows name.

Your help would be great in sorting out this frustrating issue.

submitted by /u/theworldsaplayground
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theworldsaplayground, Dec 16, 2020
  2. bbinnard Win User

After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to... [​IMG]

Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to... [​IMG]

I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both SKype and Windows Store are in the list of apps allowed through the Defender firewall.

bbinnard, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Username registered

When I registered my phone 18 months ago. A username came up not of my decision. It repeated my name. I have tried several times to put in a password but nothing works. This means I am unable to get any apps.

how can I change the username and password.

or reset it and keep my stuff.

JBeaumont16, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Xudan Win User

Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to...

Unable to Sign in to Skype Using Microsoft Account

First of all, sorry as I don't know where exactly this topic should go to...But I'm really annoyed by the problem with my Skype.

BACKGROUND INFO:

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64, without any third-party antivirus software.
    • Skype version is 7.7.0.103 and Help->Check for Update tells me it's the latest version.
    • My Microsoft account (which is an @outlook.com email address) is working well: now I can still sign into any other Microsoft services (including my Windows 10 operating system) and websites without any problem.
    • Two Step Verification is turned on for my Microsoft account.

DESCRIPTION:

• I was able to sign in at Skype using the same Microsoft account just minutes ago.
    • After upgrading Skype software, I tried to sign in as usual. But after entering password and verification code (for two-step verification), Skype (or the Microsoft login interface) told me "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again".
    • I tried again, again and again, but got the same result.
    • I tried to 1) change my password; 2) turn off two-step verification, but neither works for me.
    • I tried to 1) uninstall/reinstall Skype; 2) Remove Skype configurations on my computer; 3) login to Skype using my Microsoft account on another computer, but got the same result--so this is probably not computer-specific.
    • I tried to change to another wifi hotspot but still no good.
    • I tried to login on my computer using my friend's Microsoft account, and YES the account can log in.

I need to login to my Skype as I've got hundreds of contacts there...Is there any ways to resolve the issue? Anyone can help? If needed I can provide you my MSFT account via private message.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Xudan, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to...

1. Arghh! I hate Microsoft. Please Help. Registering with Skype changed my username. Unable to... - Similar Threads - Arghh hate Microsoft

2. I hate Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate Microsoft: Microsoft is an overpriced useless collection of competing and non-functional programs. Simple urgent fixes are not made and instead we have things like Edge and Bing that cannot be deleted and appear like a Trojan bug...
  3. I hate Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hate Microsoft: Microsoft is an overpriced useless collection of competing and non-functional programs. Simple urgent fixes are not made and instead we have things like Edge and Bing that cannot be deleted and appear like a Trojan bug...
  4. Unable to change username

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change username: I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for a program I move back and forth on both computers. I'm talking about the username in File Explorer under C...
  5. Unable to change username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change username: I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for a program I move back and forth on both computers. I'm talking about the username in File Explorer under C...
  6. Unable to change username

7. I HATE MICROSOFT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I HATE MICROSOFT: I HAVE REINSTALLED WIN 10 HOME FROM ISO BACKUP ABOUT 300000 TIMES AND APPS SEEM TO COME FROM NOWHERE, ARE UNINSTALLABLE HALF THE TIME, AND COME BACK EVEN IF YOU DO INSTALL THEM. I HAVE CREATED ABOUT 3000000 FAKE OUTLOOK EMAILS TO GET THRU THE LOGIN PROCESS ON WIN 10 STARTING...
  8. I cannot signin on The Skype . Please help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot signin on The Skype . Please help me: I am having to sign in on the skype . Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-signin-on-the-skype-please-help-me/2acadc30-45ba-4efe-b2bf-aba607f3704b
  9. Skype notification is this normal? please help

Skype notification is this normal? please help: My old skype notification was like this [img] and now its just plain yellow? no 1 numbers or anything is it normal? 83652
  10. I hate windows 10 please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I hate windows 10 please help: I made an account here just to post about my extreme hate and dislike for windows 10 and what it has done for my precious laptop. The story is like this my parents bought me this laptop an ACER Aspire E15 touch in February everything was fine , dandy. And smiles nothing at...