Windows 10: Arial font regular disappeared

Discus and support Arial font regular disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having some issues with text displaying as italic, and I narrowed down the problem to the Arial font which is also a default font for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeganHuber, May 1, 2020.

1. Arial font regular disappeared

I have been having some issues with text displaying as italic, and I narrowed down the problem to the Arial font which is also a default font for programs like R and Outlook. In trying to fix this, I went to Settings > Fonts > Arial, and discovered that the Regular face appears normal and links to the normal spot C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\ARIAL.TTF. I then went to Control Panel > Fonts > Font settings > Restore default font settings. This also did nothing.

Finally, I went to the actual file location c:\windows\fonts and I am missing the actual Arial font. I have Arial Black, Bold, Bold Italic, Italic, and all four faces of Arial Narrow. I am missing a plan old "Arial" font. This has cleared up the mystery of why all my Arial text is italic presumably the default has switched to Arial Italic, but I am left without a fix.

Is there an easy way to download just the Arial font file or even re-download all the Arial family fonts? I have failed to find a website that I trust to download a file from, and I cannot find some place on Microsoft's website for a secure download. I am also unsure of when this exactly occurred sometime in the last month or so, so I can't figure out what caused this to happen. I have found a file in Program Files > Microsoft Office > root > Document Themes 16 > Theme Fonts that is Arial.xml, but I can't just copy/paste that into the windows\fonts and the settings > fonts > install fonts function won't let me use this file either.

Please help, it's driving me nuts to have all my emails and ggplot2 graphs in italics.

:)

MeganHuber, May 1, 2020
  2. Diane29 Win User

Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates

After system updates, Arial Narrow Regular font is now missing from my computer. Arial Narrow Italic, Arial Narrow Bold and Arial Narrow Bold Italic are all still installed and working properly.

The Arial Narrow Regular version is no longer showing up in my system fonts folder so I have no access to it in any applications.

Diane29, May 1, 2020
  3. igornaf Win User
    Arial font issue

Arial font rendering issue after some W10 update.
    Occurrence: PDF files and all browsers.
    Arial font working OK in other applications. Settings > display > scale and layout 100%. "Adjust ClearType text" OK.
    Attached images: Left, friend's screen. Right, my screen.

Arial font regular disappeared [​IMG]

Arial font regular disappeared [​IMG]

igornaf, May 1, 2020
  4. Mike0409 Win User

Arial font regular disappeared

Disappearing Fonts

I can agree lol but I would like to know the culprit....its really annoying i have to pull font's off of XP constantly... *Bang Head :banghead:

EDIT: Ugh can someone send me the Arial font?

Mike0409, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Arial font regular disappeared

1. Arial font regular disappeared - Similar Threads - Arial font regular

2. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  3. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  4. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.: Hi Team,Our website is using Arial font as a primary font to render content and recentlyfor around 1 month, we got a lot of user's reports that mentioned the font rendering wired. we found a lot of similar issues on Excel onlineExcel Online text showing as symbols instead of...
  6. Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates

Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates: After system updates, Arial Narrow Regular font is now missing from my computer. Arial Narrow Italic, Arial Narrow Bold and Arial Narrow Bold Italic are all still installed and working properly. The Arial Narrow Regular version is no longer showing up in my system fonts...
  7. Helvetica Regular Font

Helvetica Regular Font: In Chrome I posted this problem to Microsoft Microsoft how do you remove Helvetica Neue from my pc. the stupid OS decided to automatically throw it into Google Chrome and Firefox displaying the font in all major websites such as eBay or Facebook. It has become annoying, and...
  8. Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10: We upgraded 4 computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and also installed Office 365. Along the way, we discovered that many Excel files were showing as blank. Tracked it down to missing Arial Narrow font on all the computers. It was there in Windows 7 and Office 2010, but...
  9. Arial Nova and Abadi fonts seem to have disappeared after a recent update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Arial Nova and Abadi fonts seem to have disappeared after a recent update.: How do I get Arial Nova and Abadi back? Why have they been taken away? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arial-nova-and-abadi-fonts-seem-to-have/75d0bcaa-8a86-4404-b65e-7a10e4e0a420
  10. Arial font issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Arial font issue: Arial font rendering issue after some W10 update. Occurrence: PDF files and all browsers. Arial font working OK in other applications. Settings > display > scale and layout 100%. "Adjust ClearType text" OK. Attached images: Left, friend's screen. Right, my screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 arial font