Windows 10: ARK - Screen Flickers when accessing any in-game menu

Discus and support ARK - Screen Flickers when accessing any in-game menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just installed ARK and all the DLC on my new PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, GeForce RTX 2070 Super. I've restarted the PC a few times. All drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Irish Sniper N, Jun 23, 2020.

1. ARK - Screen Flickers when accessing any in-game menu

I've just installed ARK and all the DLC on my new PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, GeForce RTX 2070 Super. I've restarted the PC a few times. All drivers, windows updates, etc. applied.

Initially when launching the game, I just got a splash screen, XBOX Beta crashed, etc. After restart actually got into the game. Clicking on Options on the launch screen still crashes the game.

I can access options once I actually join a game.

Major issue: Whenever I access any in-game menu, be it the "Esc" key, inventory, taming a dino, etc. my screen flashes to a black screen for a few seconds. This also happens at random times, but 99% of the other times I mentioned. To me, this kills the game. I've attempted to change the graphics settings, even down to minimum. I've played with the resolution, restarted the game... Still the same issues. The game was working on my old Surface Book with Performance Base. Not great, but it didn't have this issue. Unfortunately I uninstalled the game a while ago on that PC so not sure if it was a recent ark update that has caused this.

Is there any way to validate the install files, like the Steam Version allows? I think something might be corrupt. I have even reset the game to default settings. The only way to avoid the black screen flashes appears to be to run the game in windowed mode 100% of the time. I don't enjoy being forced to do that.

If anyone has this issue or knows of a solution, please share it here. I understand bugs, but this is killing the experience for me.

Also, I did confirm I have DirectX 12. Soo.... I'm at a loss.

:)

Irish Sniper N, Jun 23, 2020

2. Screen Flickering While Playing Games.

Hi Hritik Kandari,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of the motherboard?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. What is the name of the game in which you are facing issues with flickering?
    4. Are you facing the flickering issue while normally using Windows?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if the flickering persists.

Method 1:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on the
      desktop
      > Click on Display settings > Click on
      Advanced display settings
      > Click on Display adapter properties
      for Display.
    2. Go to the Monitor tab and click on the drop-down list under
      Screen refresh rate and select 60 Hertz.
    3. Click on Apply > OK.
    4. Then, go back to the Adapter tab and click on
      List All Modes > Select a display mode you want that has the screen resolution and
      screen refresh rate.
    5. Click on Apply > OK >
      Restart the computer once
      and check if the screen flickering issue persists.

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Troubleshoot screen flickering
    in Windows 10
    and check if the issue persists.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

ARK - Screen Flickers when accessing any in-game menu

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

ARK - Screen Flickers when accessing any in-game menu

1. ARK - Screen Flickers when accessing any in-game menu - Similar Threads - ARK Screen Flickers

2. Can't launch any game and screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't launch any game and screen flickering: Hi,I've recently upgraded my mobo and cpu to a gigabyte b550 gaming X V2 and r5 5600x. Since the upgrade my screen is sometimes flickering most of the time when I launch an app, I can't launch any game as it would instantly crash or cause the pc to restart by himself. Bios...
  3. Can't launch any game and screen flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch any game and screen flickering: Hi,I've recently upgraded my mobo and cpu to a gigabyte b550 gaming X V2 and r5 5600x. Since the upgrade my screen is sometimes flickering most of the time when I launch an app, I can't launch any game as it would instantly crash or cause the pc to restart by himself. Bios...
  4. Can't launch any game and screen flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen Flickering When Scrolling Up In Desktop Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering When Scrolling Up In Desktop Menu: Hi there! Every time I right-click in the desktop and start to scroll up, my laptop screen flickers badly. Can I ask what is causing this? Thank you to anyone who will help....
  6. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  7. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  8. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open: Hi. My mouse cursor flickers when I open Start menu and a few screen flashes, black flashes in full screen and white flashes only at the bottom about one inch height. I already tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows and reinstalling graphics drivers. My laptop is Acer...
  10. Screen flickers when games played on full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers when games played on full screen: Screen flickers when I play games on fullscreen, It's fine on windowed mode. I am having this problem since a year now, I have been using V-Sync feature on games as a bypass to this problem but there are new games which don't offer this feature, neither does the Intel...