Windows 10: ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues

Discus and support ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys Basically I upgraded my Pc around 2 weeks ago (cpu, ram and motherboard) and ever since while playing Ark my Ram usage shoots through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by anthrax2471, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues

Hey guys

Basically I upgraded my Pc around 2 weeks ago (cpu, ram and motherboard) and ever since while playing Ark my Ram usage shoots through the roof, I used to run 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz on Ark and it would sit at average at 43% usage, now with the new Ram it creeps up from 40% all the way up to 86%ish then I get a error from windows saying "Low Memory"

Pc Specs are below

Corsair Carbide 500R White case 5x Fans.Intel Core I7 6700CoolerMaster 2i2xCorsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 300 MHZMSI GEFORCE 980TICorsair HX1050W Modular psuMSI Z170A SLI PLUSOCZ Vertex plus+ R2 120GB SSD (Windows)2TB Western Digital Green HD1TB Seagate HD2x WD VelociRaptor 600 GB for gamesWestern Digital 250GB for Recording.
    Logitech G13 GamepadLogitech Z5500 5.1 SpeakersRoccat ISKU Gaming KeyboardRoccat Kone XTD MouseGamecom 780 7.1 HeadsetWired X-Box ControllerExternal LG CD/DVD R/WASUS 144HZ 1ms" 1920x1080 DVI-D, Samsung 22" 1920x1080 HDMIWindows 10 Pro 64x

There is NO overclock on the system apart from enabling XMP in Bios, and I ran memtest86 for 24 hours which saw 10 passes with no errors, I just don't understand it, I can run bf1 all day and the ram usage is low even with the settings cranked to ultra.

Any help or input appreciated

Thanks in advance

Adam.

:)

anthrax2471, Jan 25, 2017

2. Ark: Survival Evolved...will they be able to utilize the Play Anywhere feature?

Hi Jordan,

As you have a query on Ark: Survival Evolved game, it would be better if you contact the Ark: Survival Evolved game support regarding this matter for assistance.

Here is the link:
    https://arkservers.net/support

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 25, 2017
  3. ARK Survival Evolved

Thanks for the update. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the solutions below:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, kindly click the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Window apps

Solution 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Solution 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Note: It would be best if you uninstall and reinstall the game before performing the steps above.

Kindly notify us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 25, 2017
  4. ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues

- have you tried setting the virtual memory page-file size for the game's resident disk, to "system managed"..

- I was having similar issues with Dishonored2..

BugMeister, Feb 2, 2017
  5. Hey dude, will try it and report back mate *Smile

anthrax2471, Feb 3, 2017
  6. So I tried what you suggested and it didn't work, I did run memtest86 a few days back for 24 hours or 9 passes and no errors were reported, I just don't understand it has it's only on Ark, starts off great then my ram usage slowly creeps up to 80% +

anthrax2471, Feb 3, 2017
  7. Well, Anthrax - your system is certainly powerful enough to run the game (- it's a monster!)

I haven't got the game myself, but searching the net for answers reveals that some users
    do experience the RAM problem, though I haven't seen a definitive solution*posted as yet..

I run with AMD gfx on my system, so I'm in the dark to a certain extent - have other NVIDIA*users had similar problems?

BTW - have you set the XMP option in BIOS for any particular reason - maybe switching it off will help..??

BugMeister, Feb 4, 2017
  8. ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues

Hey BugMeister thanks for your input it's greatly appreciated *Smile

Well a patch has been released the last few days and it seems to have improved a little so fingers crossed they are aware of these issues *Smile.
    I have disabled XMP for over a week now and it doesn't change anything, I've also overclocked the CPU to 4.5GHZ using the BLCK and nothing (I don't usually overclock but just tried it for the issues with Ark)

Will keep you informed on whats happening *Smile

Adam

anthrax2471, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues

1. ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues - Similar Threads - ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED

2. ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED: When i downloaded ARK Survival Evolved on the microsoft store I did this because i cant play with my xbox friends on PS4 After the long 143GB download it said "Installing ARK Survival Evolved" then it restarted back to 2 mb/140 gb i am so confused because it took up space in...
  3. Ark survival evolved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ark survival evolved: I tried to install ark on my pc and when i start to install it, it freezes at 83.91 MB and doesn't move at all does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ark-survival-evolved/85ace41c-3bbe-411c-80cf-bc54d76a6b63
  4. ARK Survival evolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARK Survival evolved: so i bought the disk for ark and bought all the extensions on the Microsoft store and now i have the game on the epic store and downloaded it and tried to download the extensions on Microsoft and it doesn't work. it there any way to make it work...
  5. ark survival evolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ark survival evolved: how do i play ark survival evolved offline on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ark-survival-evolved/4889d864-2471-44bd-9c34-b6a84a34687f
  6. Ark survival evolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark survival evolved: I have had an Xbox game pass for a while now. I have played Ark on Xbox and it has worked fine, but when I went to install it on my laptop it said it's not available on this device. Therefore, to try and fix this a bought it on a sperate account, but I still can't install it...
  7. Ark Survival Evolved

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ark Survival Evolved: So on my Xbox One the update on Ark Survival Evolved says 793.36 but on the Microsoft Store Ark Survival Evolved it says 793.16, they are both updated but it stops me playing cross play, any reason why they aren't on the same update?...
  8. Ark Survival Evolved

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ark Survival Evolved: Ark crashes as soon as i open it windows 10 and have tried to fix but am not able to. My pc meets the requirements and everything Is up to date. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ark-survival-evolved/daba3975-3f92-4f52-9405-78b6b72a37bc"
  9. Ark Survival Evolved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ark Survival Evolved: I need help with Ark Survival Evolved after downloading it from the Microsoft the store two days ago and re downloading it today and installing the newst versions of windows, i still lose connection to the host or time out and i have no mods or anything that messes with my...
  10. Ark survival evolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark survival evolved: the game had an update today. servers went down for a bit . I play my xbox games on my pc using the play anywhere app. I was able update the game on my xbox but not on my pc. so I can play and find my server on xbox but cant see any small tribes servers on my pc. never had an...