Windows 10: Arm announces Client CPU roadmap

Discus and support Arm announces Client CPU roadmap in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; By Nandan Nayampally, vice president and general manager, Client Line of Business, New highlights Arm unveils its first-ever public CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Arm announces Client CPU roadmap

Source: Arm announces Client CPU roadmap – Arm

:)

Brink, Aug 16, 2018

2. AMD Announces Ambidextrous Computing Roadmap

AMD today announced a roadmap of near- and mid-term computing solutions that harness the best characteristics of both the x86 and ARM ecosystems, called "ambidextrous computing." The cornerstone of this roadmap is the announcement of AMD's 64-bit ARM architecture license for the development of custom high-performance cores for high-growth markets. Today's announcement also provides a forward-looking glimpse into AMD's development plans to deliver truly unmatched ambidextrous computing and graphics performance using a shared, flexible infrastructure to enable its customers to blaze new paths of innovation for the embedded, server and client markets as well as semi-custom solutions.

"Before today, AMD was the only company in the world to deliver high performance and low-power x86 with leadership graphics. AMD now takes a bold step forward and has become the only company that can provide high-performance 64-bit ARM and x86 CPU cores paired with world-class graphics," said Rory Read, AMD president and CEO. "Our innovative ambidextrous design capability, combined with our portfolio of IP and expertise with high-performance SoCs, means that AMD is set to deliver ambidextrous solutions that enable our customers to change the world in more efficient and powerful ways."

Arm announces Client CPU roadmap [​IMG]

Arm announces Client CPU roadmap 28a_thm.jpg

Arm announces Client CPU roadmap 28b_thm.jpg

Arm announces Client CPU roadmap 28c_thm.jpg

The market for ARM- and x86-based processors is expected to grow to more than $85 billion by 2017(1). AMD is uniquely positioned as the only company delivering differentiated solutions capable of addressing the breadth of this market. This is the first time a major processor provider has created the IP path to allow others to leverage innovation across both ARM and x86 ecosystems.

AMD's ambidextrous computing roadmap includes:
    • "Project SkyBridge" - This design framework, available starting in 2015, will feature a new family of 20 nanometer APUs and SoCs that are expected to be the world's first pin-compatible ARM and x86 processors. The 64-bit ARM variant of "Project SkyBridge" will be based on the ARM Cortex-A57 core and is AMD's first Heterogeneous System Architecture ("HSA") platform for Android; the x86 variant will feature next-generation "Puma+" CPU cores. The "Project SkyBridge" family will feature full SoC integration, AMD Graphics Core Next technology, HSA, and AMD Secure Technology via a dedicated Platform Security Processor (PSP).
    • "K12" - A new high-performance, low-power ARM-based core that takes deep advantage of AMD's ARM architectural license, extensive 64-bit design expertise, and a core development team led by Chief CPU Architect Jim Keller. The first products based on "K12" are planned for introduction in 2016.
    "At ARM we are dedicated to working with partners who revolutionize and transform experiences everywhere from sensors to servers," said Simon Segars, CEO at ARM. "AMD's market reach and proven experience in leading industry transitions to 64-bit computing in client and server environments, combined with ARM's low power expertise and server base system architecture (SBSA) standard, will deliver new capabilities and drive innovation across multiple high growth markets."

AMD today also publicly demonstrated for the first time its 64-bit ARM-based AMD Opteron A-Series processor, codenamed "Seattle," running a Linux environment derived from the Fedora Project. The Fedora Project is a Red Hat-sponsored, community-driven Linux distribution, providing a familiar, enterprise class operating environment to developers and IT administrators worldwide. This Fedora Project-based Linux environment enables companies to transition to ARM-based servers without the need to integrate entirely new tools and software platforms to their IT environments. This demonstration represents a significant step forward in expanding the footprint of ultra-efficient 64-bit ARM processors within the data center.

Cristian_25H, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available

Source: Visual Studio 2017 roadmap now available | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Aug 16, 2018
  4. clay53 Win User

Will Windows 10 for ARM CPUs be free/available to download?

I heard that Windows 10 for ARM CPUs will be available after the Fall Creators update. Will it be free/available to download?

clay53, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Arm announces Client CPU roadmap - Similar Threads - Arm announces Client

2. DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU: I have Ryzen 9 5900X and DNS Client is consuming 5% of the CPU doing nothing.It starts to do this after it has been resumed from sleep X amount of times. Also during this explorer becomes unstable and can not load for example Downloads, Quickstart, Documents or network...
  3. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client dns 100% cpu: Hello,The client dns service is consuming between 50 to 60% of the cpu for a few days. This has made me have to deactivate this service but, when I deactivate it, I get the RPC error. It is incomprehensible that this service consumes so much and the RPC service depends on it....
  4. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client dns 100% cpu: Hello,The client dns service is consuming between 50 to 60% of the cpu for a few days. This has made me have to deactivate this service but, when I deactivate it, I get the RPC error. It is incomprehensible that this service consumes so much and the RPC service depends on it....
  5. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Arm announces next generation Armv9 architecture

in Windows 10 News
    Arm announces next generation Armv9 architecture: News highlights: The new Armv9 architecture will form the leading edge of the next 300 billion Arm-based chips Advances specialized processing built on the economics, design freedom and accessibility advantages of general-purpose compute Delivers greater performance,...
  7. Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM: Earlier this year, we announced a partnership with Collabora to build OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12, with the goal of supporting more OpenCL- and OpenGL-based productivity and creative apps where native drivers are not available. We have made tremendous...
  8. Announcing Project and Roadmap apps for Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Project and Roadmap apps for Microsoft Teams: [ATTACH] We are pleased to announce the release of the Project and Roadmap apps in Microsoft Teams. Connecting directly to Project from within Teams has been one of the major requests from Project users, and these apps will make it easy to manage, track, and collaborate on...
  9. Announcing Arm-based Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGA

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Arm-based Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGA: Intel today announced it has begun shipping its Intel® Stratix® 10 SX FPGA – the only high-end FPGA family with an integrated quad-core ARM* Cortex*-A53 processor. With densities greater than 1 million logic elements (MLE), Intel Stratix 10 SX FPGAs provide the flexibility...
  10. Roadmap to Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Roadmap to Win10: http://ct.zdnet.com/clicks?t=1769925...rand=ZDNET&s=5 Some unfamiliar information from Ed Bott at ZDNet. I've got some of the GWX files but they won't open. *Huh 5518