Windows 10: ARMA Gold Video Game does not work - An Administrator has blocked you from running this app

Discus and support ARMA Gold Video Game does not work - An Administrator has blocked you from running this app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I apologize if I have not put this forum post in the correct category. I recently purchased ARMA Gold, a computer game. It was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SFC_B, Sep 8, 2020.

1. SFC_B Win User

ARMA Gold Video Game does not work - An Administrator has blocked you from running this app

Hello everyone. I apologize if I have not put this forum post in the correct category. I recently purchased ARMA Gold, a computer game. It was released in 2007, and I installed it and launched it yesterday without an issue. Unfortunately, today I am unable to open it. I am getting the issue "An administrator has blocked you from opening this app." I have tried various fixes online, but so far none have been successful. Any help would be appreciated.

Fixes I have currently tried: Running as an Administrator, Using Command Prompt, Disabling Windows Smart Screen

ARMA Gold Video Game does not work - An Administrator has blocked you from running this app [​IMG]

:)

SFC_B, Sep 8, 2020

2. Arma 3 Games runs in background

I had no problems with Arma 3 since I first got it some time ago. Now out of nowhere when I launch the game and it goes through it's launch process and finishes it the game runs as
    a background application. I tried reinstalling, verifying files, running steam and Arma 3 as admin, launching it in safe mode, and a bunch of other fixes that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP - Games runs in background

RodneyCoopwood, Sep 8, 2020
  3. ArmA [GOG Gold Edition] blocked from running 'for my protection'

I just bought a computer with a fresh Windows 10 install and it is blocking ArmA, at some imaginary 'administrators' behest. I have looked through multiple threads on here and what I see is that this apparently usually isn't resolved, because Windows has
    idiotic hard coded security settings to protect half-wits from destroying their desktops.

Also, I've already set it to run as Admin, I am the ONLY user account, and I disabled all app/threat protection stuff I could and it makes no difference at all. I don't want 500 suggestions that I tried within the first
    two minutes, I do know how to use Windows.

1) I need this program to run without need for some command prompt or special shortcut - that's idiotic, fix the problem, don't give me a workaround.

2) If I am somehow required to switch to a 'shadow admin' account and reinstall the whole freakin' game to fix this problem then I need a solution so that this NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN. ANYTHING I SHALL EVER INSTALL AGAIN WILL NOT BE BLOCKED, END OF STORY.

This kind of nonsense is why I still have Windows 7 on my other PC. I'm more worried about Microslop's pea-brained design culture than I am 'muhViruses'.

RickyMooreII, Sep 8, 2020
  4. byu1 Win User

ARMA Gold Video Game does not work - An Administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app

I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app.

I did some research on web about this error. I tried turned off user control, change user type from administrator to limited. still doing the same.

any suggestions??

byu1, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. ARMA Gold Video Game does not work - An Administrator has blocked you from running this app - Similar Threads - ARMA Gold Video

2. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  3. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  4. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...: Hello, First of all, I have the administrative rights on my windows 10 computer but when I open the Services software on control panel, it says "An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..." when I am an Administrator and I only have one account in my computer....
  5. ArmA [GOG Gold Edition] blocked from running 'for my protection'

ArmA [GOG Gold Edition] blocked from running 'for my protection': I just bought a computer with a fresh Windows 10 install and it is blocking ArmA, at some imaginary 'administrators' behest. I have looked through multiple threads on here and what I see is that this apparently usually isn't resolved, because Windows has idiotic hard coded...
  6. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I'm trying to run a CD on my desktop but everytime I get the "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". I'm the administrator for my desktop so how can I unblock and run this CD installation?...
  7. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..: I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM the administrator. The only way I can get the program to run is to go to the command prompt with administrator privileges, and...
  8. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I upgraded from 1803 to 1909using indows 10 Update Assistantnd after that when I try to run xunlei.exe at d:,it says that "an...
  9. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: When ever i run an .msc extension system tool this error pop up and i tried many other way which were asked to fix this problem on Microsoft blog. Please help me....
  10. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app. I did some research on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. This app hs been blocked by your administrator ARMA

2. an admin has blocked this application arma gold