Windows 10: Around 14.9 GB of Updates Taking Up Primary SSD, Unable to Clear

Discus and support Around 14.9 GB of Updates Taking Up Primary SSD, Unable to Clear in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there any way to delete the 14.9 GB of storage taken up by Updates? I have tried clearing the other Temporary files on my computer, but they do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by derp8K, Apr 14, 2021.

1. derp8K Win User

Around 14.9 GB of Updates Taking Up Primary SSD, Unable to Clear

Is there any way to delete the 14.9 GB of storage taken up by Updates?

I have tried clearing the other Temporary files on my computer, but they do not change the 14.9 GB taken up by some Updates. I have tried clearing the C:\$WINDOWS.~BT and C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folders, but they do not have a bunch of files SoftwareDistribution only had around 1.4 GB.

Are there any other folders I need to check/delete? I have also tried initiating Windows Update to supposedly clear the files, but there are no new updates on my computer when I manually check in Settings.

Around 14.9 GB of Updates Taking Up Primary SSD, Unable to Clear eb8329fc-2897-40d0-bf21-cc9ef3857908?upload=true.png

:)

derp8K, Apr 14, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Apr 14, 2021
  3. PDQpat Win User
    Windows Updates downloads 14 GB and fills drive

I can't expand it - I would need a new laptop. My laptop has RAM 2gb SSD 32gb It originally had Win8 and upgraded to 10 and ran surprisingly well -- until the anniversary update.

• In a FAQ it said Windows 10 uses approximately 10 GBs of disk space.

Windows 10 can upgrade such systems with as little as 8.5 GB of free space.
      This is misleading. Win10 it has gotten bigger and updates seem to need a lot more space (and no option for moving download location). I had 14 gb free space when something (assume Win10 update) filled it up and notified me I was out of space. In the list of
      updates for Win10 version 1607 I cannot even find an update that applies to this system...

What I've done so far:

I run Ccleaner and Windows Disk Cleaner (cleanmgr) regularly. I set settings to store personal files on an external SD-card. I've disabled Hibernate and indexing of C drive. I reduced the paging file. I uninstalled a few programs that were stored in C.
    I have found www.catalog.update.microsoft.com so maybe I can keep going by manually updating.

PDQpat, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Around 14.9 GB of Updates Taking Up Primary SSD, Unable to Clear

How long does today's (9-14-2017) Windows update take?

How long does today's (9-14-2017) Windows update take? I have been on the Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer" screen for at least 25 minutes, Can I abandon the update? If so, how.

Many thanx!

mt

Marti RockTrevillian, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Around 14.9 GB of Updates Taking Up Primary SSD, Unable to Clear

1. Around 14.9 GB of Updates Taking Up Primary SSD, Unable to Clear - Similar Threads - Around Updates Taking

2. Pictures taking up 210 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures taking up 210 GB: It says my pictures are taking up 210 GB but I cant find any of the photos and there are 0 photos in my photo folders?? Im using an android so its not iCloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-taking-up-210-gb/6bcc38e5-112d-45ab-820b-dea24437aaae
  3. Pictures taking up 210 GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures taking up 210 GB: It says my pictures are taking up 210 GB but I cant find any of the photos and there are 0 photos in my photo folders?? Im using an android so its not iCloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-taking-up-210-gb/6bcc38e5-112d-45ab-820b-dea24437aaae
  4. Pictures taking up 210 GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why is my windows defender taking up 150 gb and how do i clear it?

why is my windows defender taking up 150 gb and how do i clear it?: i opened my file explorer and it said that my hard drive was really full 953mb free of 237gb i dont know what happened as this is a new computere and i havent done anything more than download flashpoint 9.0 infinity, not the collectors version put a few old files on this...
  6. How to clear up space from a full 450 GB SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clear up space from a full 450 GB SSD?: Having a little trouble clearing up space. Windows 10 Settings > System > Storage > Local Disk (C:) shows a full SSD. 446 GB used, 0% free. So I'm trying to get rid of any large files I can find that I don't need. Apps & Features shows 285 GB used but when I click on it...
  7. System taking up 899 GB of storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System taking up 899 GB of storage: I recently installed windows on my mac through bootcamp. The only thing I did once I opened windows was install a few games that wasn’t available on mac. However, the systems was taking up 899 GB of storage. How do I fix this problem? What I’ve tried: Restarting my mac...
  8. Windows taking up 653 GB?

Windows taking up 653 GB?: While I was using my desktop, I see a notification saying that my storage was almost full. Last time I checked, which was a month ago, I had plenty of storage. And now I only have 50 GB left? I haven't installed anything that was huge and the numbers in the "Programs" tab...
  9. i just updated on 9/14/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i just updated on 9/14/19: i cannot access email, calendar, pictures, feedback to Microsoft. I can open the app store, but that has not been any help. I have the latest update (which seems to be the source of the problem) What do i do now????...
  10. Macrium image of 9 GB taking too long duration to delete

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image of 9 GB taking too long duration to delete: I am manually deleting the Macrium image of 9 GB from my pendrive but is taking too long to delete. Already 20 minutes passed but no sight of getting it delete. Did not get any answer, so closing this thread 28629