Windows 10: Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV

Discus and support Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello i need some expert advice here. actually this is of my colleague he has having a problem. he's desktop pc is connected to Samsung Smart TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zaldhie, Sep 19, 2016.

1. zaldhie Win User

Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV

Hello i need some expert advice here. actually this is of my colleague he has having a problem.

he's desktop pc is connected to Samsung Smart TV and of course there's is no problem with the desktop except we arrange all the icons and folders some folder we put it on the right side on his desktop. But when we tried to turned ON the Smart TV while it's connected to desktop pc. it will make a flick both desktop monitor and the Smart TV and everything will be arrange on the default locations (Left side) including icons and folders. i tried the arrange icons and align to grid but every time we ON the TV it goes back again to the left side of the screen.

please if you can recommend some software that can lock the icons and folder.

i tried to install and used the Desklock but failed.*Sad

thanks

:)

zaldhie, Sep 19, 2016

2. Icons Cannot be arranged freely, always arrange in Äuto Arrange Icons" style

I can't arrange icons as I want, it always arrange icons automatically in columns, I can arrange freely but when I refresh it alighns automatically into columns again, the setting "Auto Arrange icons" is not Ticked, but it works as it is ticked. Please
    help me to get my desktop as it is genuinely,

IsuruMuthumal, Sep 19, 2016
  3. JackBest Win User
    Desktop Icons

Auto Arrange icons and Align Icons to Grid still throws all desktop icons to the top of the screen in one row. No change. This may be related to an HDMI connection to a 1080P TV. Cannot get the original desktop arrangement.

JackBest, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV

1. Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV - Similar Threads - Arrange Icons automatically

2. Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected: How do I please stop photos from opening on startup in Windows 10 when my iphone is connected – I have disconnected iTunes from Start Up so this is not the issue. Thanks....
  3. When Windows boots up, it automatically opens a Word.doc

When Windows boots up, it automatically opens a Word.doc: A few days ago, whenever I boot up, Windows 10 opens a specific Word.doc that I have stored in my pc. The document isn't listed in the Start menu. I didn't change a setting to make this happen. What setting can I change so it won't do this?...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement

Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement: How do you keep Windows 10 from rearranging desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icon-arrangement/75605984-7870-4b96-a728-7148a6c005b5
  5. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  6. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  7. Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them: Hey folks! I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense [img] [img] [img] Why this is happening? Thanks in advance! 111174
  8. Questions about sizing and arranging icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about sizing and arranging icons: In the old days you could go to any folder and select Help and it would tell you "About Windows" and you could bring up the start menu, right click on My Computer, select Properties... (that's all just basic stuff about trying to figure out exactly what version...)Now I'm...
  9. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View. I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...