Windows 10: Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV

Discus and support Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello i need some expert advice here. actually this is of my colleague he has having a problem. he's desktop pc is connected to Samsung Smart TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zaldhie, Sep 19, 2016.

1. zaldhie Win User

Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV

Hello i need some expert advice here. actually this is of my colleague he has having a problem.

he's desktop pc is connected to Samsung Smart TV and of course there's is no problem with the desktop except we arrange all the icons and folders some folder we put it on the right side on his desktop. But when we tried to turned ON the Smart TV while it's connected to desktop pc. it will make a flick both desktop monitor and the Smart TV and everything will be arrange on the default locations (Left side) including icons and folders. i tried the arrange icons and align to grid but every time we ON the TV it goes back again to the left side of the screen.

please if you can recommend some software that can lock the icons and folder.

i tried to install and used the Desklock but failed.*Sad

thanks

:)

zaldhie, Sep 19, 2016

2. Icons Cannot be arranged freely, always arrange in Äuto Arrange Icons" style

I can't arrange icons as I want, it always arrange icons automatically in columns, I can arrange freely but when I refresh it alighns automatically into columns again, the setting "Auto Arrange icons" is not Ticked, but it works as it is ticked. Please
    help me to get my desktop as it is genuinely,

IsuruMuthumal, Sep 19, 2016
  3. JackBest Win User
    Desktop Icons

Auto Arrange icons and Align Icons to Grid still throws all desktop icons to the top of the screen in one row. No change. This may be related to an HDMI connection to a 1080P TV. Cannot get the original desktop arrangement.

JackBest, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV

1. Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV - Similar Threads - Arrange Icons automatically

2. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  3. Arrange Desktop Icons (My Computer etc) automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange Desktop Icons (My Computer etc) automatically: I am trying to find a way to enable some desktop icons like "My Computer" and "My Documents" along with "Recycle bin" to arrange themselves, or force their positions. The recycle bin is usually in the top left so that doesn't matter much in this case, but when you enable the...
  4. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  5. Icons arrangement in File Explorer changed automatically to view/arrangement that I don't...

Icons arrangement in File Explorer changed automatically to view/arrangement that I don't...: Hi I installed R-Wipe & Clean program to clean and remove unnecessary stuff from my PC. When the cleaning process finished, I found out a few issues happened to my PC, and restart or a few other actions didn't fix them. The most important problem is about displaying the...
  6. Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor

Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor: I have a laptop as my primary work computer and sometimes I connect it on the same monitor as always. But this time I wanted to test what would happen if I set the secondary monitor as primary. Since then, if my laptop is set to primary, I connect it to my monitor and if...
  7. Icons strangely arranging themselves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons strangely arranging themselves?: i dunno if its because of the latest update(s), but in the past 2 days it seemed at first as if they randomly rearranging across my desktop, but after it happened again and again i noticed the icons keep going back to where they were, every single time. auto rearrange is off,...
  8. Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar: I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815 [IMG]...
  9. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...