Windows 10: Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update

Discus and support Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My work comptuer I can move items where I want them with in windows quick access. But my home Computer: [img] I can not arrange any of the items in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Oct 11, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update

My work comptuer I can move items where I want them with in windows quick access. But my home Computer:

Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update [​IMG]

I can not arrange any of the items in the quick access. I thought that after a update I could arrange them. I am checking windows Update Mini Tool and it seams to show that I have ran all the updates however I do not see a new icon for Microsoft explorer.
    here it shows the updates I have ran I unhid them all and allowed them to run.

Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update [​IMG]

I believe I have ran all the updates available yet I still can not move the items where I need them to be in the Quick Access.
    So maybe its not the windows update that changed my work computers quick access so the items can be arranged. ?

:)

DonMurray, Oct 11, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

Hi there,

I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

pennywhistle, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update

1. Arranging Items in Quick Access and windows update - Similar Threads - Arranging Items Quick

2. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  3. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  4. Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop accumulating "Quick Access" items in Windows Explorer: How can I STOP accumulating "Quick Access" items, in both the left and right window segments of Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-accumulating-quick-access-items-in-windows/10eed269-6819-4495-8efd-84cc917238cc
  5. Pinned Items in Quick Access randomly disappear after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinned Items in Quick Access randomly disappear after Windows update: Hi, I've searched through many websites and forums trying to find a fix for this issue but no fixes have worked. I'm quite aggravated by this point. I rely heavily on the Quick Access feature as a time saver but since the latest Windows update, I have to find and manually...
  6. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  7. Re-arranging items in the Quick Access sidebar in Explorer causes considerable lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-arranging items in the Quick Access sidebar in Explorer causes considerable lag: I'm using 1904 (18362.295) and when I re-arrange any items in the Explorer sidebar the window becomes unresponsive for about 5 seconds. I've already tried clearing the quick access cache and reset it to default settings, but none of this helped....
  8. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...
  9. Arranging Context Menu Items.

Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...
  10. Quick Access dropdown items disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access dropdown items disappeared: Hello everyone, I finally gave up trying various solutions suggested by strangers on the internet and instead ask about my specific problem. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary this morning when I noticed that some, but not all, pinned items in my quick access...