Windows 10: Arranging Tiles

Discus and support Arranging Tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a simple somewhat inconsequential question regarding the normal behavior of tiles on the start screen of Windows 10. What is the grid or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hmoniv, Sep 9, 2020.

1. hmoniv Win User

Arranging Tiles

This is a simple somewhat inconsequential question regarding the normal behavior of tiles on the start screen of Windows 10. What is the grid or pattern for arranging say, medium size tiles? When I attempt to move a tile, I see the title bar appear and I move the tile over it. Then it anchors. Getting the second tile into place is somewhat of good luck. I move the second tile near the first tile and release and it anchors. But I want to know the possibilities and the recommended method of placing a tile to say the right of another. My current way is to move one around and it reminds me of pushing two magnets with opposing forces! But then I get lucky and the tile drops into place.

Maybe some of this is documented somewhere but after about a half dozen attempts to find it I gave up!

:)

hmoniv, Sep 9, 2020

2. How to arrange tiles ??

hello all,
    actually by mistake i rearrange my tiles. Now it shows like,
    #
    #app
    A
    adobe
    b
    c
    camera360
    etc

Like that.....how to remove these #,A,B,C tags from the list. Previously i have list of apps with out any tags.
    How to arrange to previous settings. Thanks.

Emmanuel_emma, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Tile fixing

This what we used before to arrange the tiles to our liking. Now when we restart the computer all tiles are stacked on the left and NOT how we left them. Something has changed. Is there some way to "lock" the tiles in the way we we left them?

Sandgnattoo, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Arranging Tiles

Tile fixing

Hello,

Moving tiles in the Start menu is one of the features that Windows 10 users are able to do to organize the applications that you are using. For us to assist you on how you'll be able to arrange or move your tiles in the Start menu, kindly follow the simple
    steps listed below:

• Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click and hold on the tile you want to move.
    • Drag the tile to the position you want.
    • Let go.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Arranging Tiles

1. Arranging Tiles - Similar Threads - Arranging Tiles

2. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  3. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  4. How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2Consider this example.Thanks for your help,SweetTasha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-arrange-taskbar-icons-such-that-frequently/4619df68-78bf-450a-a5b5-3cdeb5329f9b
  5. How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to arrange taskbar icons such that frequently used icons are at the left end of the...: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2Consider this example.Thanks for your help,SweetTasha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-arrange-taskbar-icons-such-that-frequently/4619df68-78bf-450a-a5b5-3cdeb5329f9b
  6. Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot

Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot: I've searched for this and could only find something similar but it didn't help despite following A.User's steps mentioned there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-in-windows-10-start-menu-repeatedly-messed/76f4a919-0b70-4f75-a71a-a79bca0e3763 When...
  7. Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel: I just bought a new laptop and start to set up my start menu tile group. But I removed the original tile group by accident. I try to create my own tile group but I cannot arrange it to the top of start menu. Is there anyway to fix this issue? [ATTACH] Thanks....
  8. Is there a better way to auto arrange start tiles?

Is there a better way to auto arrange start tiles?: I'm a gamer, as is obvious from my start menu. Every time I pin a new game to my start menu I have to move every single tile one at a time to keep the games in alphabetical order. Does anyone know an easier way to accomplish this? [img] 100404
  9. Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware.

Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware.: Hey guys, I am having a problem with Windows 10, I can't pin/unpin tiles from Start Menu. I can't even drag and re-arrange them. This started happening after I installed massive malware source on my PC and it installed yessearch all over the system. It deleted Firefox and...
  10. Export Start Menu Layout (Tile Arrangement) without PS ? Help...

in Windows 10 Support
    Export Start Menu Layout (Tile Arrangement) without PS ? Help...: I want to export my Start Menu layout to another (local) account. However, when using Powershell's Import-StartLayout, I receive an 'access denied' error, it seems that the command tries to access the (hidden) C:\Users\Default folder as I set C:\ as -MountPath, perhaps...