Windows 10: Array bounds exceeded

Discus and support Array bounds exceeded in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am no expert in computer science,just a hard working slob that tries to understand and is fascinated by all things computing...I have seen something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brennanholmes, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Array bounds exceeded

I am no expert in computer science,just a hard working slob that tries to understand and is fascinated by all things computing...I have seen something new tonight...when trying to open settings I get this "array bounds exceeded" message,and when I search for an answer,these guys are talking a language I cannot fathom..Please can some kind soul explain in simple terms what it means,and how to make it go away...thank-you.

:)

brennanholmes, Mar 29, 2019

2. Mic Array does not work in my HP IQ816

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Issue: Mic Array

Method: 1

Step: 1

Hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + W” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click “hardware & devices”.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Step: 2

I would suggest you to contact the manufacturer website to download latest available drivers.

Issue: unable to print

The issue you have reported usually occurs if the drivers needed for the device are not installed properly or if the drivers are not compatible with the Operating System.

If the drivers for the device are not yet available for Windows 10, hence I suggest you to reinstall them in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the driver in compatibility mode and see if it helps:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties
    • Select Compatibility Tab
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Click OK and run the setup.

I would suggest you to visit manufacturer's website and install the latest available driver for the device in

compatibility mode.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you. ]

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Identical File Finder

You are right, Aquinus, but it is implimentation dependant. You know this, but I'll add the details for anyone else who might read this ...

2D arrays are faster if the upper limit of the array is know before hand (count the number of files prior to creating the array), so no array resizing has to occur.
    String[] myArray = new String[500];

Generic List<> is also faster if the bounds are known
    List<string> myList = new List<string>(500) as opposed to just initializing an empty List.
    The .net implementation of Lists is actually using an array behind the scenes.

Using for loops on both Lists and Arrays is faster than using foreach, but again the bounds needs to be know before hand.

Lists are a bit slower as they do bounds checking all the time, while in a predefined array no bounds checking is done (unless you code it yourself).
    Lists also have a bit larger memory footprint than arrays.

The question then becomes is the performance increase enough to warrant the additional coding to impliment arrays over generic Lists. This is completely dependant upon the implimentation and what is occuring within the for loop. Complex calculations in the for loop may make the performance increase with arrays irrelevant (when each for iteration is analyzed).

Personally, I usually use Lists as the code is cleaner, but then I am rarely using them for thousands or millions of elements, and the difference would be some number of milliseconds.

On a side note, it looks to me like all the code is in the OP. Am I overlooking something?

Kreij, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Array bounds exceeded

Identical File Finder

Great post. You're right, my stupid mac just likes hiding the scroll bars on textareas. *Bang Head :banghead:

Aquinus, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Array bounds exceeded

1. Array bounds exceeded - Similar Threads - Array bounds exceeded

2. Could the license be bound to an organization?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Could the license be bound to an organization?: Hi,I bought a used Lenovo laptop from an state organization here in Norway.After reinstall of windows I am asked to log in to a 365 account that should be connected to that organization. Is there som kind of enterprise deal connected to the license in bios?Best Regards,Rudi...
  3. CLiP id does not match with the bound device id in the bound device license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLiP id does not match with the bound device id in the bound device license.: I've recently upgraded my laptop and I'm trying to install minecraft on it but it's telling me that the id does not match the bound device. I've tried every fix on these forums, reddit, and every bloody tech page I could find but it will not work. How do i fix this?...
  4. CLiP id does not match with the bound device id in the bound device license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLiP id does not match with the bound device id in the bound device license.: I've recently upgraded my laptop and I'm trying to install minecraft on it but it's telling me that the id does not match the bound device. I've tried every fix on these forums, reddit, and every bloody tech page I could find but it will not work. How do i fix this?...
  5. Realtek Microphone Array?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Microphone Array?: Okay, so. I'm using an Acer Nitro 5, specific model AN515-55. I'm trying to only use my headset's microphone, but there's no option. Only the Microphone Array, which I'd rather not use, alongside my headset being detected as headphones. The only option to change things around...
  6. Microphone Array not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Array not Working: My microphone isn't working for Chrome, or any other devices. I've updated my drivers, allowed apps to access it, and checked that it's unmuted in the control panel. However, in the control panel, it shows that the microphone is constantly at full volume (the green bars are...
  7. In Bound Rules

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Bound Rules: Why would one program in my computer be blocked under in bound rules, when every other program is allowed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-bound-rules/3b1fe63e-2945-48d4-83fe-25b6bdb8283f
  8. Microphone Array not plugged in.

Microphone Array not plugged in.: Hi, The Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)) shows that it is not plugged in despite connecting my headphone to the headphone jack. I had updated, roll backed and reinstalled the driver yet it still remains not plugged in. Are there any way to solve...
  9. array microphone

array microphone: hello all, I can use some help here. here the situation, I have a dell laptop 1525 origal vista OS so I upgrade it to windows 8.1, & everything worked fine, now I upgraded it to windows 10 & now the array mic doesn't work. I hve downloaded & installed the correct driver for...
  10. Time limited exceeded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Time limited exceeded: I have time set for my son on Xbox (only) the activity report shows regular amounts of time in excess of the limit for the day, including days where it is 100% blocked. The process does work sometimes as I get extra time requests occasionally. Son agrees that on at least one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. array bounds exceeded

2. array bounds exceeded fix

3. fix windows app and features saying array bounds exceeded in safe mode

4. array bounds exeeded,
  5. array bounds exceeded windows 10 settings,
  6. win 10 array bounds exceeded,
  7. array bound exceeded settings.exe windows 10,
  8. windows 10 array bounds exceeded settings,
  9. array bounds exceeded system settings,
  10. windows 10 settings array bounds exceeded