Windows 10: Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network

Discus and support Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While using my desktop pc I see a 5G network available, but when I use my laptop, I only see a 2.4G network available. My router has two ports, 2.4G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tony D Walker Dell Laptop, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network

While using my desktop pc I see a 5G network available, but when I use my laptop, I only see a 2.4G network available. My router has two ports, 2.4G and 5G. Any ideas as to what I need to do to connect my laptop to the 5G network that does not show up when I check networks available?

:)

Tony D Walker Dell Laptop, Oct 2, 2019

2. Wireless printer does not show my Asus router 5g network

Hi Dan,

It is possible that this issue is caused by the incompatibility between your network/router and printer. To better assist you we would like to verify some information:

• Can your other devices detect the 5G network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Cannot connect to 5g

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if your trying to connect to 5g then you've got a router and network adapter that supports 5g (ie a virgin media router)? Qualcomm is your wireless network card....realtek is your ethernet adapter (physical network
    port) for wired networks. If you want to connect to 5g open your wireless network available list and you should see the same SSID as 2g and one as 5g...just click on the 5g one.

PeterFlynn4, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network

1. Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network - Similar Threads - Arris Gateway Router

2. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway router unreachable ?: I've searched for a solution to this problem over the course of several days; I cannot get one computer to see the gateway router, that includes entering the IP for the router; it just won't connect. The only change that occurred was a change from an older router to a new...
  3. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gateway router unreachable ?: I've searched for a solution to this problem over the course of several days; I cannot get one computer to see the gateway router, that includes entering the IP for the router; it just won't connect. The only change that occurred was a change from an older router to a new...
  4. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 5g network disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5g network disappeared.: This past summer I encountered an issue when trying to update windows. My computer wouldn't update to version 1903 so I completely reset/reinstalled windows. before I did this i was able to see and use two networks available through my wireless modem the base wireless...
  6. 5g network disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5g network disappeared.: This past summer I encountered an issue when trying to update windows. My computer wouldn't update to version 1903 so I completely reset/reinstalled windows. before I did this i was able to see and use two networks available through my wireless modem the base wireless...
  7. 5g network disappeared.

8. 5G Network

5G Network: How can I find out whether my PC supports 5G? How can I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-network/dfde8283-d8ac-42c3-8cfd-e9ff8ea6ede1
  9. Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex

Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex: So a basic port forward is doable, ez-pz. I know that much. Things are hairy for me at current as im trying to set up plex to work through my vpn. This requires manually specifying a port which automatically disables upnp. Otherwise plex randomly changes the port, and thus is...
  10. network 5g

network 5g: computer sees the 5GHz WiFi but will not connect (Windows 10) 2.4 and 5g both show up, will connect to 2.4 but says cannot connect to 5g, have connected to 5g on other devices. Acer all in one desktop Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter any help...