Windows 10: Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons

Discus and support Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] A few days ago I restarted my computer (Windows 10) and these arrow icons are now overlaying all files on my desktop. Files, folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adamculpepper, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons

/u/adamculpepper, Feb 24, 2021

2. Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Autoruns or ShellExView should tell you which application is adding that Overlay.

Use the steps
    here

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 24, 2021
  3. mawcsco Win User
    What is this double blue arrow icon overlay?

This is a duplicate of Two blue arrows at top right of icons.

I'm in the process of recovering from a major data-loss disaster. After restoring files from my external hard drive, many of the folders and files have a new (to me) icon overlay on them. The icons appear in Windows Explorer and in the file/folder property dialogs.

The icon overlay shows two blue arrows facing each other.

What do these icon overlays mean?

I am running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).

Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons dI8st.png

Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons 01K2Z.png

mawcsco, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons

1. Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons - Similar Threads - Arrow icon overlays

2. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  3. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  4. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 8,1 directory folder icons has an arrow over the icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8,1 directory folder icons has an arrow over the icon: Windows 8,1 directory folder icons has an arrow over the icon. All folders with arrow are not accessibleThis is a new install on an ASUS tablet from a vendorAccess is denied to those folders no location.For example I tried to load a program with cookies and it would not...
  6. Windows 8,1 directory folder icons has an arrow over the icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8,1 directory folder icons has an arrow over the icon: Windows 8,1 directory folder icons has an arrow over the icon. All folders with arrow are not accessibleThis is a new install on an ASUS tablet from a vendorAccess is denied to those folders no location.For example I tried to load a program with cookies and it would not...
  7. Folder Icon color, Desktop Icons have paper overlay

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Icon color, Desktop Icons have paper overlay: I Have been having two problems and they appear to be related. 1. My Desktop Icons have what looks like a piece of paper on them. Not all but most. Seems like Shortcuts for .exe files don't have the paper. 2. My Folders in File Manager have lost the yellow color that they...
  8. Icon arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon arrows: I tried getting rid of the arrows on my icons with the directions here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-rid-shortcut-arrows-windows-10. After restarting, it worked BUT any time I put the computer to sleep, or restarted it, they came back. What's wierd is not ALL of...
  9. How to remove arrow icons on file icons

How to remove arrow icons on file icons: Yesterday, these icons started to appear on my files. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-arrow-icons-on-file-icons/083a0ea5-3b3e-43e7-998b-f74239d0adfa"
  10. Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option)

Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option): Hello Guys, I recently noticed that all my folders have a double blue arrow on top, after some research I notice is a window option to compress files to save space, never saw this before ever, I want to get rid of this or turn this option off, after reading some info, I...