Windows 10: Arrow key "stuck" in Windows key menu & search bar. Not a mechanical issue.

Discus and support Arrow key "stuck" in Windows key menu & search bar. Not a mechanical issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I press the windows key or click in the search bar, the down arrow key is "stuck" down and it continually scrolls through the different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/late2thepartyy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Arrow key "stuck" in Windows key menu & search bar. Not a mechanical issue.

When I press the windows key or click in the search bar, the down arrow key is "stuck" down and it continually scrolls through the different programs/past searches. Windows explorer works fine.

Microsoft edge works fine, except for when it brings up specific boxes like the "Do you want to close all tabs", the highlighted button is the furthest down and it takes multiple clicks to "interrupt" it and make a selection, even when using the x to close that window.

The Settings menu also has the highlighted link "stuck" as the furthest down link.

I've unplugged the keyboard and used the mouse to click the windows key, still the same problem even with no keyboard plugged in! So it's definitely not mechanical.

I have reinstalled keyboard drivers, changed language settings, turned off all keyboard accessibility options (eg Sticky keys), restarted, gone back to an old save point- no success.

I had this same issue once about 6 months ago, the only thing that fixed it was reinstalling windows. And now it's back.

Please help!

submitted by /u/late2thepartyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/late2thepartyy, Nov 23, 2019

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Arrow key "stuck" in Windows key menu & search bar. Not a mechanical issue.

Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Arrow key "stuck" in Windows key menu & search bar. Not a mechanical issue.

1. Arrow key "stuck" in Windows key menu & search bar. Not a mechanical issue. - Similar Threads - Arrow key stuck

2. Arrow key no longer navigates within specific parts of the task bar start menu or search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow key no longer navigates within specific parts of the task bar start menu or search...: I navigate through windows without a mouse. I used to be able to hit the windows key, type the something example: "file", and use the arrow keys to completely navigate the search function. Today, I can no longer navigate the pinned or recently opened portion. Let me be clear,...
  3. Arrow key no longer navigates within specific parts of the task bar start menu or search...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow key no longer navigates within specific parts of the task bar start menu or search...: I navigate through windows without a mouse. I used to be able to hit the windows key, type the something example: "file", and use the arrow keys to completely navigate the search function. Today, I can no longer navigate the pinned or recently opened portion. Let me be clear,...
  4. Arrow key no longer navigates within specific parts of the task bar start menu or search...

5. Sticky keys randomly turning on and arrow keys randomly activate search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky keys randomly turning on and arrow keys randomly activate search bar: The sticky keys on my computer randomly turn on. I have them turned off in settings. I do not know what triggers them, but I have to press the shift key and/ or hit ctrl+alt+delete to deactivate them. The computer will also randomly open the search bar in chrome when I am...
  6. Sticky keys randomly turning on and arrow keys randomly activate search bar

Sticky keys randomly turning on and arrow keys randomly activate search bar: The sticky keys on my computer randomly turn on. I have them turned off in settings. I do not know what triggers them, but I have to press the shift key and/ or hit ctrl+alt+delete to deactivate them. The computer will also randomly open the search bar in chrome when I am...
  7. Start Key/Search Bar issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Key/Search Bar issues: Initial problem was start key menu and search bar not working. After powershell scans and attempts to correct, got follow errors, should a reinstall of system 10 be the best result at this moment? Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. PS...
  8. Arrow keys and number key Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow keys and number key Issue: Hello Community, I'm having an issue with the numbers in my number pad. The issue is if I press any of the following numbers on my number keypad 6,8,4,2 a few times and then press another of the same numbers mentioned the arrows keys kick in instead of giving me the number...
  9. Arrow keys and keypad Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow keys and keypad Issue: Hello Community, I'm dealing with an issue my keypad and the arrows and not sure what is going on. The issue is if I press any of the following numbers on my keypad 6,8,4,2 a few times then press another of the same numbers mentioned the cursor moves instead of typing a...
  10. Windows down arrow key stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 menus down arrow stucjk