Windows 10: Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly

Discus and support Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My cat jumped on my keyboard and ever since then my arrows are refusing to scroll normally. They jump through text box to text box. The text is boxed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Angela1414, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly

My cat jumped on my keyboard and ever since then my arrows are refusing to scroll normally. They jump through text box to text box. The text is boxed and that flashing indication for typing appears as if I could edit the text. I tried fixing the scroll lock but saw no difference and doubted that you would have to reset your computer for that change to happen. I would like to get my laptop back to scrolling properly as I relied on it alot.

:)

Angela1414, Dec 18, 2020
  2. rickoko Win User

Arrows scrolling with edge

Since W10 install, when I use edge, the up/down arrows scrolling periodicaly bugs, it sometimes doesnt work at all or e.g. in Google the blue Arrow aside the results becomes a vertical text cursor and scrolling with the down arrow will do so 1 line at
    a time instead of 1 result at a time. When I use explorer in w10 the scroling works fine. Any ideas to fix this.

rickoko, Dec 18, 2020
  3. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly tpu.png

anticlutch, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly

What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly

1. Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly - Similar Threads - Arrow Keys scroll

2. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  3. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  4. Mouse scrolling in steps and not smoothly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling in steps and not smoothly: Hello. I hope someone can help fix this persistent problem I'm having. I suspect I have a problem with an IE setting as it has continued despite getting a new desktop. When I scroll with my mouse wheel, the page moves in steps and not smoothly. I have a Microsoft Comfort...
  5. Arrow keys not scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not scrolling: I know what you're thinking turn scroll-lock off it is I think I hit a button combination or something but when I do down or up arrow it does not scroll but picks individual things like when I try to scroll through google it just goes to each link....
  6. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides: So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday. submitted by /u/shmimshmam [link] [comments]...
  7. Disable smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable smooth scrolling: How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact? For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person with low vision might need high contrast or a screen reader, in a similar way, I need nonsmooth scrolling. I know that...
  8. Smooth scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Smooth scroll not working?: I recently updated several drivers, one of them was for my mouse and keyboard also Microsoft products, and when that happened I noticed that when I scrolled down on a website using the wheel, it would skip several pages so I used the scroll bar to read the whole thing. I was...
  9. Mouse smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse smooth scrolling: Some screen asked me if I want smooth scrolling and I said yes and I hate it. I can't find that window back. I don't want smooth scrolling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-smooth-scrolling/675577ca-3a8b-4939-b1ad-7ab54c86aaec
  10. scroll arrows not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scroll arrows not working: My scroll arrows do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-arrows-not-working/4678ac9a-baa0-4d16-93e8-34abbd7c06bb