Windows 10: arrows on icons

Discus and support arrows on icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys. On my laptop I noticed that as you can see,there are many icons (shortcuts) and files with these arrows on it? What is this and how to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frozensun, May 3, 2020.

1. frozensun Win User

arrows on icons

hey guys.
    On my laptop I noticed that as you can see,there are many icons (shortcuts) and files with these arrows on it?
    What is this and how to get rid of it?

arrows on icons [​IMG]

:)

frozensun, May 3, 2020
  2. tozduman Win User

Two blue arrows at top right of icons

The files under Desktop folder have same issue. I solved problem using below steps.

• Right click to Desktop folder.
    • Click to Advanced button
    • Unchecked compress contents to save disk spaces. Click Ok, ok and apply
      buttons.

After these steps, arrows should be disappeared and also you can use below command to clear icon cache.

tozduman, May 3, 2020
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are all the icons showing the arrow or some of them?

• Did you try using a different user account?

• How exactly did you remove compression?
    I suggest you to update the display drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Update

• Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    For further assistance, I request you to send us the screen shot of the icons for s to understand the issue better.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back you us with the required details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan1709, May 3, 2020
  4. arrows on icons

Cross arrow shortcuts are shown on the icons after the November upgrade.

Hi Cemal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you using any third party software for any shortcuts icons?
    • Is it only for the shortcut apps or any other apps?
    • Are you facing any issues with the arrows above on the shortcuts?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 3, 2020
Thema:

arrows on icons

1. arrows on icons - Similar Threads - arrows icons

2. does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...: does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page full of them that then slowly remove themselves and then goes away.s...
  3. does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...: does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page full of them that then slowly remove themselves and then goes away.s...
  4. does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  6. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  7. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  8. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  9. White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer: How do I eliminate the white arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer, Windows 11 Home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-in-green-boxes-on-my-picture-icons-in/4cc8bcde-e726-4c3c-a318-6a1982072fbf
  10. White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer

White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer: How do I eliminate the white arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer, Windows 11 Home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-in-green-boxes-on-my-picture-icons-in/4cc8bcde-e726-4c3c-a318-6a1982072fbf