Windows 10: article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

Discus and support article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Edge browserFor a long time I used the Firefox browser. I have since switched to Microsoft edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DonPotter, Feb 3, 2023.

1. DonPotter Win User

article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

I am using Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Edge browserFor a long time I used the Firefox browser. I have since switched to Microsoft edge. When I go to use Microsoft print to PDF for an article from the web, it downloads as a Firefox document. How do I stop that?Lately, things have gotten worse. Now instead of downloading the article the system gives me this error message: Application error: a client-side exception has occurred see the browser console for more information.

:)

DonPotter, Feb 3, 2023

2. Microsoft Edge blocking Firefox

You don't really need to 'nuke' edge to install firefox.

You can get it installed and made default in 3 easy steps

1. Download the latest firefox here
    2. Start firefox - it should prompt you to set it as default - Follow what happens, and pick firefox as your default
    3. Else, Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs (use win r or paste that into explorer. Find firefox, and select "set as default"

That should make firefox your default and not fire up edge automatically.

Journeyman Geek, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

Hello MaverickCCIE,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

I understand how annoyed it feels when it redirects you to another website. Kindly follow the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened to your computer?

Method 1: I suggest you to try resetting the browsers to default and attempt to change the home page. You may follow the article on how to reset

Internet Explorer
    Microsoft Edge

Method 2: Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems.

• Restart your computer.
    • Clear your cookies and cache.
    • Restart Firefox in Safe Mode.
    • Reinstall Firefox.
    • Refresh Firefox.
    • Create a new Firefox profile.

Method 3: Change home page.

After performing the above methods, you may go ahead and change the home page by following the
    article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 3, 2023
  4. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Import from a browser

To import favorites from Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox into Microsoft Edge, follow these steps.

In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more> Settings> Import from another browser.

Choose the browser from which you want to import (only the browsers installed on this computer will be shown in the list) and then select Import.

Recommendation: To show favorites in the bookmarks bar, select Settings and more> Settings and activate show favorites bar. Then select Hub> Favorites and drag the ones you want into the Favorites Bar folder.

I hope this can help

regards

MiguelChiappori, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

1. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge - Similar Threads - article downloading Firefox

2. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge: I am using Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Edge browserFor a long time I used the Firefox browser. I have since switched to Microsoft edge. When I go to use Microsoft print to PDF for an article from the web, it downloads as a Firefox document. How do I stop...
  3. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge: I am using Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Edge browserFor a long time I used the Firefox browser. I have since switched to Microsoft edge. When I go to use Microsoft print to PDF for an article from the web, it downloads as a Firefox document. How do I stop...
  4. FIREFOX DOWNLOADING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIREFOX DOWNLOADING: How to I install firefox on D drive so it take very little space on c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-downloading/b36f76f5-5caf-45c1-854c-30ab2b97db25
  5. Cannot download files from Firefox or Edge -...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot download files from Firefox or Edge -...: Hey, I'm having issues downloading certain files on my desktop PC (latest Windows 10). Things like https://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIC-2020.2.2.exe and https://manjaro.org/downloads/official/architect/ just cause an error with the message...
  6. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Browsers and Email
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  7. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  8. Firefox download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Firefox download: Using edge I am unable to download firefox....it goes as far as to show downloading.. 0% and stays there Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-download/2a778d30-11b5-44bb-8303-dc9bd877d92e
  9. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge: Hello, I cannot import my cookies,data logins to the microsoft edge, only bookmarks can be imported it seems. Can anyone guide me to import everything from my Firefox to the edge?...
  10. downloading firefox

in Browsers and Email
    downloading firefox: Hi folks I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated. I was looking to see where I can download fire fox and chrome. any help? also I had free malware scan on windows 7 that I could scan flash drives for problems...I...