Windows 10: Artifact Compression? Display is blocky

Discus and support Artifact Compression? Display is blocky in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to search for my problem but I'm not sure how to phrase it so I'm struggling for results. I'll describe it as my display looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ackroyd, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Ackroyd Win User

Artifact Compression? Display is blocky

Hi,

I've been trying to search for my problem but I'm not sure how to phrase it so I'm struggling for results. I'll describe it as my display looking blocky or smokey? As if my monitor is trying to display a smooth range of colour but only has a limited range of shades to express it so it's trying it's best. I can include a screenshot but I wouldn't know if that was going to show my graphics output or my monitor display.

Conceptually it looks like this! 2414: Solar System Compression Artifacts - explain xkcd

It's happening on both monitors, the new one just bought today. I would appreciate any help.

Winver 1809 and latest Windows Updates
    Nivida 1060 and latest drivers 461.72
    Samsung SyncMaster 245B (Old, DVI, 1920x1200)
    Iiyama G2530HSU (New, DP, 1920x1080)

:)

Ackroyd, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Ackroyd Win User

Hi,

I've been trying to search for my problem but I'm not sure how to phrase it so I'm struggling for results. I'll describe it as my display looking blocky or smokey? As if my monitor is trying to display a smooth range of colour but only has a limited range of shades to express it so it's trying it's best. I can include a screenshot but I wouldn't know if that was going to show my graphics output or my monitor display.

Conceptually it looks like this! 2414: Solar System Compression Artifacts - explain xkcd

It's happening on both monitors, the new one just bought today. I would appreciate any help.

Winver 1809 and latest Windows Updates
    Nivida 1060 and latest drivers 461.72
    Samsung SyncMaster 245B (Old, DVI, 1920x1200)
    Iiyama G2530HSU (New, DP, 1920x1080)

Ackroyd, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Asha 501 Poor Video Rendering Quality / Blocky Video Artifacts

Hi folks, this is my first post here. I recently bought my Nokia Asha 501and I am pleased with the phone overall. But I am very disappointed with one major aspect of the phone - its video rendering quality, and iam referring specifically to the videos accesed
    via the phones native video app, stored in the memory card and not online youtube streaming quality.

All videos seem to display a lot of blocky artifacts which are a lot more apparent when viewing a night scence and especially in dim light or at night in a dark room which spoils the overall viewing experience for me.

I understand that most hq MP4 files need conversion to the phones resolution and I have tried various free converters like any video converter, laewo converter, video to nokia phones converter, freemake converter, format factory etc. with the following settings

res - 320 x 240

container-mp4, 3gp

codec - MPEG4, XVID, DIVX, H264 ( H264 / x264 seem to produce slightly better quality but create lag/audio video sync issues during action scenes and still contain blocky artifacts so are not an option for uninterrupted viewing)

fps- 24 / 23.9 / Source

video bitrate - 300-600 kbps (500-600 seems allright but any higher still produces blocky artifacts)

audio settings same as source or aac and 96-128 kbps / 44000 Mhz

I have searched the forum for posts on this topic and what was usually suggested was to use the MPEG 4 codec instead of h264 which solves the problem of any lag but with all these settings the BLOCKY ARTIFACT problem still remains.

I would be grateful if any of the others with the ASHA 501 or other Asha phones could share if they are facing similar issues with videos and if this is a hardware or software problem/limitation and

if it would be better to buy a costlier phone like a lumia for good video rendering quality without blocky artifacts.

Thanks

asha_501_user, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Waldoinsc Win User

x1950xt cf display blocky

Recently installed the X1950XT CF as a single card (basically a X1950XTX), and noticed the display on my Syncmaster seems to have much less smoothing to the background, even with all the filters turned on or off. My X800GTO seemed to produce a cleaner looking display.*Frown Artifact Compression? Display is blocky :(

The X1950 definitely gives a more realistic nature display (water, grass, trees, etc), however, even the WinXP opening page is blocky (the upper left portion of the window has a white ring that progressively fades to the blue of the rest of the screen, the x1950 shows the rings of varying shades instead of smoothing them). *Wtf :wtf:

I reinstalled the latest CCC, and ATITool, but no change.

Can anyone suggest a reason or a fix?

Waldoinsc, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Artifact Compression? Display is blocky - Similar Threads - Artifact Compression Display

2. fonts all jagged and blocky

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fonts all jagged and blocky: Web pages fonts all jagged and blocky, letters missing, boxes in place of a letter green boxes appear some programs appear ok, but open to text, then that appears. Facebook text is ok, but green box will appear on some images Ancestry text looks ok, but when I go to enter...
  3. Bios Artifact

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bios Artifact: on my computer resuming from hibernation i get artifacts on bios splash screen but no where esle and my games run fine with no issue or artifacts should i be worried?? 165467
  4. Window rendering artifacts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window rendering artifacts: For a few months now, I've been occasionally encountering a fairly serious render glitch, shown below:[ATTACH] It seems to happen only when my laptop wakes from screen off and there are no monitors attached. I posted another image on theSuperUser Stack exchange but nothing...
  5. Graphical artifacting/distortion

Graphical artifacting/distortion: Since yesterday my computer has been having graphics issues. Here's an example: [IMG] As you can see there's lines going through text. There's also some fuzzy dots blinking in areas on the screen. Chrome also had some issues initially but those appear to have been fixed...
  6. Weird artifacts on screen

Weird artifacts on screen: Today i changed my processor old one is pentium g630 new one is i5 3470 . Inastalation went perfectly and BIOS worked as well , but when i booted into windows there was incompatibility with my screen it said "unsupported sceen resolution pls change to 1080p 60@Hz " i...
  7. Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card

Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card: Hey all, I have a laptop I just fixed up for somebody - Acer Aspire 5742 laptop with 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3 processor and Intel HD Graphics. It was working perfectly on my home workbench and I gave the laptop to them today. They took it home and it is fine otherwise, BUT...
  8. Monitor artifacting?

Monitor artifacting?: Got any clues on what could be causing this? [MEDIA] you can see very breifly white lines going across the screen, not at the same places in the screen either, early in the video the lines appear near the top, other times near the bottom. this is while playing a game...
  9. Taskbar menu artifacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar menu artifacts: I have added menus to the taskbar in Windows 10, just as I did with Windows 7. In both systems there are artifacts, seen here: [img] When the taskbar is unlocked (upper image), the menus appear properly. But in the unlocked state it's all too easy to mess things up...
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...