Windows 10: Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card

Discus and support Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a laptop I just fixed up for somebody - Acer Aspire 5742 laptop with 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3 processor and Intel HD Graphics. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Darkstrike, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card

Hey all,

I have a laptop I just fixed up for somebody - Acer Aspire 5742 laptop with 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3 processor and Intel HD Graphics.

It was working perfectly on my home workbench and I gave the laptop to them today. They took it home and it is fine otherwise, BUT when they hooked it up to their TV via HDMI to stream some video online, the external display is experiencing wrong colors and red speckled artifacting. The laptop display looks FINE, it is ONLY on the external display (a Hisense TV).

They have already tried a different HDMI cable, so it's not that. The laptop is absolutely up to date, so the latest version of Windows with no Windows Updates left to install listed in the 'Windows Update' menu. I used the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant to get it to the most recent version of Win10. I went to Intel's website and used their Auto-search program to check if the laptop had the latest video drivers and it does, so I'm at a bit of a loss...

I cannot provide the Windows version number as I don't have the laptop and they live a 40 minute drive from me. Windows is completely up to date on it though (I even checked for any and all updates for everything before I gave it to them earlier today), so it would be the latest Win10 version number.

What would be causing this issue on ONLY the external display (when this happens, the laptop's screen still looks 100% normal)? Thanks for any help or thoughts! See the two attached pictures for examples of what their TV external display is looking like...

Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card [​IMG]

Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card [​IMG]

:)

Darkstrike, Oct 27, 2019

2. Lost colors when connected to external display (projector)

Problem:

Colors are lost (only black and white tones) when external monitor is connected to computer. The computer's built-in monitor displays normally (with color).

Details:

Never had this problem before.

Didn't completely close presentation mode in PowerPoint (computer not connected to any external display) when I turned off the computer.

Then I turned on the computer, connected it into an external display, and when I turned on PowerPoint, everything on the external display was in black and white (color wash). All visuals (size, clarity, spacing, etc) are normal, except the color missing
    on the projector screen.

I can flip between Duplicate Display, Extended Display, etc, but the color on the external monitor/projector is black and white.

The color on the Built-in monitor continues to have normal color.

When I restart the computer (with the external display connected), the colored blue windows boot logo is displayed normally on both the built in monitor and the external monitor. It's when the computer completely boots up that color remains on the built-in
    display, but loses color on the external monitor.

Additional notes:

I think something has triggered Windows to "export" "lost" colors on the external display.

I don't know if AMD Catalyst Control Centre (Color:32 Bpp, 1920 x 1080, Landscape) has anything to do with this. Tried disconnecting cables, Restarting computer, common troubleshoots, etc.

The problem isn't the external monitor/projector. It displays color normally, even when tested with other computers.

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Matthew_Tang, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card

Artifacts

After i updated my system with KB4025342, i have some issue. When i revoke my PC from sleep there are
    artifacts on my screen. Also display tell me that image is "out of range". Arifacts dissappears after hard-reboot, and doesn't appear till revoking from sleep. How can I fix this trouble?

PC specs:

MSI H110M PRO-VH motherboard

Intel Core i5-7400 (4x3.0 GHz) CPU

Intel HD 630 GPU

8 GB 2133MHz Kingston DDR4 RAM

FSP ATX-450PNR 450W Power Block (I might confuse)

LG W2753VC display

Evrything except display is new (2 month ago bought), but it works correctly

Intel support suggested to ask MS community

Олексій Борейко, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card

1. Artifacting/incorrect colors on external display (TV) with Intel Card - Similar Threads - Artifacting incorrect colors

2. Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.: A translator was used. Sorry if that. Hello! I would like to apologize in advance if I chose the wrong topic/sub-topic. The essence of the problem is that graphical applications based on WPF causal relationship will be further are displayed incorrectly. I won't be able to...
  3. Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.: A translator was used. Sorry if that. Hello! I would like to apologize in advance if I chose the wrong topic/sub-topic. The essence of the problem is that graphical applications based on WPF causal relationship will be further are displayed incorrectly. I won't be able to...
  4. Graphical artifacts incorrect display of applications.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  6. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  7. Windows is incorrectly displaying colors, Please Help

Windows is incorrectly displaying colors, Please Help: So I was playing csgo right and all of a sudden my colors just changed and it's not my moniter because I plugged it into my ps4 and it worked fine please help I've tried rolling back drivers ive tried updating drivers I have tried a lot and nothing works...
  8. TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV display collor incorrectly, Unless split screen: When I connect my laptop to the TV the colors appear properly for a moment but then the screen blacks out and reappears with colors being distorted, and will occasionally go back and forth between being correct and distorted Red becomes Blueish Blue becomes a darkish red...
  9. External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.: I have a new surface pro on a docking station through USB-C that is displaying an incorrect time on the external monitors. This time is not set differently on purpose, but rather appears to randomly "lag" out and not sync with the actual system clock. The error occurs even...
  10. Display overscan with an Intel draphics card

Display overscan with an Intel draphics card: How to adjust display overscan wiith intel graphics card \ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-overscan-with-an-intel-draphics-card/2b3d6aef-72c0-4081-bb1d-d1b37f694612