Windows 10: Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

Discus and support Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Got a new pre-built pc. I think the gpu could be defective. Artifacts on screen (pixels, symbols, lines) White pixels on screen in bios and in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by LoyalOpposition, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

Got a new pre-built pc. I think the gpu could be defective. Artifacts on screen (pixels, symbols, lines) White pixels on screen in bios and in windows there is 2 vertical lines 2ish inches wide with varying colors in them.
    I figured before i send the gpu in i would troubleshoot a bit. I performed a clean install of windows 10 Pro x64. It was running fine for a bit then the screen went black. If i reboot the windows loading screen shows with the circle of dots then the screen goes black before sign - in. I can boot into safe mode (thanks @Brink for the tutorial on adding safe boot with bcdedit). I updated graphics drivers to no avail. I tried updating "all - in - one" drivers from AsRock but cant install them because they aren't signed. I booted with digital signatures temporarily disabled but still get the same error when attempting to install drivers. I made a restore point immediately after the clean install, every time i load it, windows works for a couple minutes then screen goes black. I tried updating windows and it gets about halfway through then screen goes black. I tried setting resolution to 800x600 but screen still goes black. This is a no mouse cursor black screen btw.

I'm going to try a few things now and will update this post with any new info.

Thanks in advance

:)

LoyalOpposition, Jul 8, 2017
  2. Elwood472 Win User

Screen goes Black

Thanks guys, but after speaking with Lenovo, they are confident the problem is hardware related.

Elwood472, Jul 8, 2017
  3. KrisEvens Win User
    Screen goes black

Every time I turn on my monitor and open up my screen shows the screen saver and then turns black. Its getting power but I can't access anything. What do I do?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

KrisEvens, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

I tried installing the new Radeon drivers from Brink's stickied thread but they are not signed *Sad

Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black [​IMG]

Why cant i edit my original post?

LoyalOpposition, Jul 8, 2017
  5. BugMeister, Jul 9, 2017
  6. Thanks @BugMeister. I've tried many versions now. None will work, Gives me unsigned driver error every time.

I dont understand...

Could either of these flags be related to my problem?

Monitor driver up to date?

A google search shows 690lc reffering to aio coolers

Cant install the drivers.. What good is safemode?

I dont know what to do. Hopefully someone can help me here. Could it be the gpu causing the black screen in normal boot windows?

LoyalOpposition, Jul 9, 2017
  7. Looking at those screen shots now, from my phone, i realize there is no artifacts. What does that mean? I also realize now that due to artifacts showing on bios it isn't a driver issue. Would that be a correct observation?

What is causing the black screen in normal windows boot?

8. Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

I had high hopes for this forum. Thought someone would definitely be able to help. Looking at some other threads, it seems no one gives a shit about people's black screen issues. Oh well..

9. Hey I'm not going to be able to give you an answer but just letting you know I have the exact same issue, I took my gpu out (gtx 670) and went to apply more thermal paste because I was getting high temps i thought I should I also am not new to it and I didn't think it would be risky. My pc booted into windows and I noticed green lines appearing all over my screen so my thoughts were to install new driver and then re apply thermal paste. After downloading new driver and rebooting i had the same issue so my next thing to do was apply new thermal paste. Which I did so it now boots and has artifacts on Windows loading sign then black screens however the fan spins and the pc keeps going there is no error in bios so I'm pretty stuck. I hope we both can find someone to help *Smile.

Elifawvrtt, Jul 9, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    If there is no artifacts in the path graphic card output > cable/connections > monitor. Before you change cables you could look at card and monitor frequencies and see if they are set right.

CountMike, Jul 9, 2017
  11. Bye

stealth2920, Jul 9, 2017
  12. Hey..!!
    You've got a VERY advanced system there, LoyalOpposition..

- please stick around - I'd be interested to know the solution to your problems
    - can AMD help you out - their forums might be interested to know about your kit..??

BugMeister, Jul 9, 2017
  13. Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

@Elifawvrtt I ran DDU and removed the AMD display drivers. Now for display the Microsoft basic display drivers are installed. Not getting the black screen anymore when booting into windows normally.

@CountMike In display properties the monitor shows 64hz. I'm not sure about the card. Since i have uninstalled the drivers gpu-z only shows info for Microsoft basic display adapter.

@stealth2920 You're pretty useless huh?

@BugMeister The amd forums are absolutely loaded with people having the same problem, black screen when installing amd display drivers. I would love to know the cause as im probably going to send the card out for RMA before the end of the day. I'm thinking something is definitely wrong with it due to the artefacts. I just don't want to receive a new one and have the same driver black screen issues.

14. Some pictures of the artefacts at varying resolutions

The offender:

LoyalOpposition, Jul 10, 2017
  15. 17.7.1 driver now available at AMD

- it's a non-WHQL driver, which means it has yet to be given a Windows Hardware Quality Licence
    - that shouldn't be a problem, though - it will still operate OK in Windows 10

PS: @LoyalOpposition - that looks horribly like a Hardware fault..
    - as it's a new system, it might be best to RTM it and get the manufacturer to correct the fault under guarantee

- possibly a poorly installed cooler, given that it is showing a warning sign in Devices..

BugMeister, Jul 10, 2017
Thema:

Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

1. Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black - Similar Threads - Artifacts screen Screen

2. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  3. screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black: My screen goes black only when I move my cursor to certain spots on the screen, these spots change randomly for ex if I restart or if I open something, it just changes.I have tried updating my display driver, or using win+ctrl+shift+b or even using power troubleshoot, none of...
  4. screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen goes black: My screen goes black only when I move my cursor to certain spots on the screen, these spots change randomly for ex if I restart or if I open something, it just changes.I have tried updating my display driver, or using win+ctrl+shift+b or even using power troubleshoot, none of...
  5. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black: Hi recently when i opened a game and started playing, screen went black showing no signal and after few seconds came back to normal.. 3rd time this happened screen goes black and system restarted itself. There was an error code in event viewer shown below,"The computer has...
  6. Screen goes black

Screen goes black: Hi recently when i opened a game and started playing, screen went black showing no signal and after few seconds came back to normal.. 3rd time this happened screen goes black and system restarted itself. There was an error code in event viewer shown below,"The computer has...
  7. Screen goes to black . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes to black . . .: My computer runs, Windows 10.There's one setting, I don't know how to change?After about, 30 seconds. My screen goes to black.When I move my mouse, it comes back on.But, it goes to the login screen. When it comes, back on?And, I have to put in my password. And, I don't want...
  8. Screen goes to black . . .

Screen goes to black . . .: My computer runs, Windows 10.There's one setting, I don't know how to change?After about, 30 seconds. My screen goes to black.When I move my mouse, it comes back on.But, it goes to the login screen. When it comes, back on?And, I have to put in my password. And, I don't want...
  9. Screen goes to black . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black: I am using Windows 10, my setup is running the most recent windows update, and I keep my system safe with up to date Norton360. But I am pretty computer illiterate. So I ask with the utter most sincerity to simplify as much as you can. I've been having a reoccurring problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to write a signature on my acreen pc

2. artifacts and black screen with new built pc

3. screen goes black with artifacts

4. artifacts only on print screens windows