Windows 10: As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in...

Discus and support As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been a loyal Windows user and fan since 1998 when I started with Windows 98, I had Windows XP professional and Media Editions for many years and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joseph...D, Aug 10, 2021.

1. As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in...

I have been a loyal Windows user and fan since 1998 when I started with Windows 98, I had Windows XP professional and Media Editions for many years and loved them, I had a couple of Windows 7 laptops which were great but they were always update-happy which sometimes was a real pain when I needed to shut down the computer quickly, IE when boarding a plane... In late 2015 I got my first Windows 10 laptop and it was great and fast, I then got offered an windows update to upgrade to the 2018 version of Windows 10 in early 2019 - This was a BIG mistake as it completely took over my computer with co

:)

Joseph...D, Aug 10, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 10, 2021
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Aug 10, 2021
  4. bobbi09 Win User

As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in...

Being a loyal Windows user over the years, why is Windows 10 not available for free to me as an XP user?

Being a loyal Windows user over the yeas why is Windows 120 not available to me as a current XP user? Other Windows editions ARE eligible.

bobbi09, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in...

1. As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in... - Similar Threads - Loyal user years

2. Latest Window update I accept to download 2/1/23 - Now No audio. It now is a buzzy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Window update I accept to download 2/1/23 - Now No audio. It now is a buzzy...: How can I undo this? Fix this?Win11 Home version.Tried using the automated Windows repair with no fix or change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-window-update-i-accept-to-download-2123-now/710cac92-47d1-4b36-9d6f-20cbf7c0e594
  3. Latest Window update I accept to download 2/1/23 - Now No audio. It now is a buzzy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Window update I accept to download 2/1/23 - Now No audio. It now is a buzzy...: How can I undo this? Fix this?Win11 Home version.Tried using the automated Windows repair with no fix or change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-window-update-i-accept-to-download-2123-now/710cac92-47d1-4b36-9d6f-20cbf7c0e594
  4. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  5. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  6. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...
  7. Everything getting force quit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything getting force quit: This is happening in my Lenovo ideapad 520 for past 4 days. Whenever I'm trying to open task manager it force quits, typing some words in either browser or in some code editor the word gets erased automatically. And also i tried advance startup uninstalling my driver's and...
  8. Constant BSOD for years

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD for years: I've been suffering from constant and frequent BSOD on my home built PC. The local computer shop was unable to find any specific issues with the components during testing, but after they returned it, the BSOD continued. I have read fix-it articles and forum posts. I have...
  9. Windows Quit Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Quit Updating: My computer won't update anymore. Its last update was 11-17-2019. I manually queued the "check for updates" today and it ran for approx. half an hour and never did anything. I queued the windows update trouble shooter and it did the same thing. It just runs continuously never...
  10. Dell BT Travelmouse - > Constantly quitting

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell BT Travelmouse - > Constantly quitting: Topic pretty much says it. Every 3-5 minutes I hvce to turn off the mouse and back on to hook up to BT since upgrading to Windows 10. I checked and don't find any drivers. It appears it just uses Windows native drivers, and the latest is 2006 drivers. Do I need to throw...