Windows 10: As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

Discus and support As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i cant recently enter my Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked for me by an IT admin, and i found it suspicious, when i couldnt find the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aishi--, May 16, 2023.

1. Aishi-- Win User

As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

So i cant recently enter my Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked for me by an IT admin, and i found it suspicious, when i couldnt find the gpedit.msc i have home version so idk if its included could anyone help me removing this so called IT admin, since im abit afraid that i got hacked..

:)

Aishi--, May 16, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, May 16, 2023
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 16, 2023
  4. As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2023
Thema:

As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

1. As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin - Similar Threads - admin cant open

2. Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11: Im using microsoft surface pro 7+, no school email and no 3rd party antivirus. How can I enable windows security updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-limited-access-by-it/2685c4af-67f2-4c85-bd20-ae57b9adc181
  3. cant open virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open virus & threat protection: so After i migrated os on my laptop to new ssd i cant open virus & threat protection option as it says that my administrator has limited access to some areas of this app but im on my private account and i never had any school or work accounts connected on this device any fix?...
  4. cant open virus & threat protection

cant open virus & threat protection: so After i migrated os on my laptop to new ssd i cant open virus & threat protection option as it says that my administrator has limited access to some areas of this app but im on my private account and i never had any school or work accounts connected on this device any fix?...
  5. IT admin restriction on Virus and Threat protection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IT admin restriction on Virus and Threat protection.: DON'T MIND THE IMAGE UNAVAILABLE.I installed a game, and it made me disable the Windows Defender completely. As I suspected the thing to be a virus, I deleted the game. However, the defender went blank. After restoring my system from a fortunate restore point, the defender...
  6. IT admin restriction on Virus and Threat protection.

IT admin restriction on Virus and Threat protection.: DON'T MIND THE IMAGE UNAVAILABLE.I installed a game, and it made me disable the Windows Defender completely. As I suspected the thing to be a virus, I deleted the game. However, the defender went blank. After restoring my system from a fortunate restore point, the defender...
  7. Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11

Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11: Virus and threat protection is hidden when I access the security tab. I have already tried the powershell and policy and registry troubleshooting... Nothing seems to work and I am at a loss right now :...
  8. As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin: So i cant recently enter my Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked for me by an IT admin, and i found it suspicious, when i couldnt find the gpedit.msc i have home version so idk if its included could anyone help me removing this so called IT admin, since im abit afraid...
  9. As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin

As an admin, i cant open Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked by an IT admin: So i cant recently enter my Virus & Threat protection, since its blocked for me by an IT admin, and i found it suspicious, when i couldnt find the gpedit.msc i have home version so idk if its included could anyone help me removing this so called IT admin, since im abit afraid...
  10. cant open virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant open virus and threat protection: when i try open my virus and threat protection it says 'Your IT Administrator has limited access to this app' even though im the only person who uses this pc as its mine, any ideas?thanks...