Windows 10: As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders

Discus and support As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My profile lists me as an administrator, but Windows 10 will not allow me to save new programs in the Program Files or Program Files x86 folders. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeneSalassi, Aug 2, 2020.

1. As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders

My profile lists me as an administrator, but Windows 10 will not allow me to save new programs in the Program Files or Program Files x86 folders. What do I need to do to be allowed to place these new programs in these folders as opposed to my personnel folder?

:)

GeneSalassi, Aug 2, 2020

2. Downloading licensed software to Program Files folder is not allowed. "You do not have permission to save in this location". I am the administrator

Downloading licensed software to Program Files folder is not allowed. "You do not have permission to save in this location". I am the administrator.

Instead, I am suggested to download to another folder, which is annoying.

MoshePartensky, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Program not being allowed to run from Program Files Folder

Hi DreamlessDancer,

There are a few reasons why a dynamic link library (.DLL) of a program would be broken. At most cases, this would be from either reinstalling your Windows, outdated programs, or in some cases, a program running on the background that might
    be in conflict with the program you're trying to launch. Let's narrow down your concern. I would like to know the following to be able to picture better what you experience:

• Is this happening on any programs that you run on from the Program Files folder?
    • Where there any major changes for software and hardware that was done on your computer recently?
    • Is the issue happening on other user profiles?
    • What is the version and build of your Windows 10?
      • You can have your version and build checked by pressing the Windows button + R on your keyboard to open the Run box, then type winver and
        press Enter.

In the meantime, here are a few suggestions that you can do to see if the issue would still persists:

• See if the issue is also happening on other user profiles.
      • You can do this by creating a new user profile and name it as
        test. This way, we'd be able to isolate your concern if this is more related with the integrity of your current user profile or does this have something to do with the program itself, or if is it system related.
      • If the issue persists using a different user profile, then it would be best to do a
        repair/uninstall and reinstall on the program you're having the issue with.
    • Perform a clean boot.
      • If this is happening on any programs that you've installed or purchased from a website, then it would be best to perform this to be able to ensure that there are no programs that might be in-conflict with the program that you're trying to launch.
    • Using the troubleshooter for finding and cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, and perform maintenance tasks.
      • This is for Windows to automatically check for programs that might not be running and also find a possible fix on those program libraries and correct it.

"That is, they used to INSIST that any DLL's unique to the program be located within the programs folder."

To answer this, yes that is correct. A DLL is unique to a program being registered on a computer by installing it. You can check this article as reference
    about DLL files.

I'll be waiting for your response to assit you further.

ErwinJames San, Aug 2, 2020
  4. As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders

Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders

1. As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders - Similar Threads - administrator being allowed

2. why are shortcuts being saved in the Public Folder for programs that I download In Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are shortcuts being saved in the Public Folder for programs that I download In Windows 11: When I download a program from the Internet and install it, the desktop shortcut is going to the Public Desktop Folder instead of my Desktop folder. Why? How to stop!...
  3. Unable to save Program files to local Disk's Program Files/Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save Program files to local Disk's Program Files/Program Files x86: I am not exactly sure when the issue start but recently when I try and install any programs and save them to my Program files or Program files x86 I get an error message saying I do not have permissions. I am NOT trying to save documents to the folder or anything like that,...
  4. Program not being invoked with administrator permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program not being invoked with administrator permission: I wrote a dotNet actually C# program I'll call it the invoker to invoke a certain application I'll call it the target application with a specified user. Generally, the invoker decrypts a file and gets the specified username, domain and password, then it fills the information...
  5. Can't write on Program Files even though I am the Administrator

Can't write on Program Files even though I am the Administrator: Okay. First of all, I know that Windows changed it that way. I've read the answers tothis thread and tried them already and the options were greyed out on both occasions. I am asking this because I've installed an old game to that directory and it keeps crashing. I'm guessing...
  6. Program Files Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Files Folder: Is there any possible way to Transfer all the files from the Program Files/x86 Folder to "Program Files". . . I know what the difference is, but I was wondering if I could have ONE Program Files Folder. 159564
  7. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  8. program file folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program file folders: how do I access program file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-file-folders/679d72e1-3c91-47fe-af67-036d66f42880
  9. Program not being allowed to run from Program Files Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program not being allowed to run from Program Files Folder: What's up with that? Apparently something is broken with the latest security update that MS pushed out because suddenly I have a program that will not run when the containing folder is in the Program Files folder. Runs fine from the desktop, but when I run it from Program...
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...