Windows 10: As an Administrator, Windows 10 says I don't have access permission to remove antivirus...

Discus and support As an Administrator, Windows 10 says I don't have access permission to remove antivirus... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I only have one user account on Windows 10 home. And I verified that my account is an Administrator. I wanted to uninstall Comodo antivirus so I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyKingsf, May 12, 2020.

1. As an Administrator, Windows 10 says I don't have access permission to remove antivirus...

I only have one user account on Windows 10 home. And I verified that my account is an Administrator. I wanted to uninstall Comodo antivirus so I can install another antivirus program. But Windows says I do not have access permission and should check with system administrator.

I tried using Windows uninstaller and ccleaner with no success. What's happening? How can I proceed?

:)

TonyKingsf, May 12, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, May 12, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, May 12, 2020
  4. As an Administrator, Windows 10 says I don't have access permission to remove antivirus...

xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, May 12, 2020
Thema:

As an Administrator, Windows 10 says I don't have access permission to remove antivirus...

1. As an Administrator, Windows 10 says I don't have access permission to remove antivirus... - Similar Threads - Administrator says don't

2. It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...: I travelled with my external disk drive some days ago and now that I plug it in, it says "E:\ is not accessible, access refused", I tried changing the letter for it and it changed nothing, I checked for viruses and got everything removed but still nothing, anything I could do...
  3. It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It says I don't have access to my external disk drive, I checked the permissions and I have...: I travelled with my external disk drive some days ago and now that I plug it in, it says "E:\ is not accessible, access refused", I tried changing the letter for it and it changed nothing, I checked for viruses and got everything removed but still nothing, anything I could do...
  4. for some reason it says "I don't have permission to download and to contact the administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for some reason it says "I don't have permission to download and to contact the administrator": So for some reason it says "I don't have permission to download and to contact the administrator" even though I am the administrator, i tried goin to privacy settings then to autimatic file downloads but for some reason the option is disabled...
  5. for some reason it says "I don't have permission to download and to contact the administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    for some reason it says "I don't have permission to download and to contact the administrator": So for some reason it says "I don't have permission to download and to contact the administrator" even though I am the administrator, i tried goin to privacy settings then to autimatic file downloads but for some reason the option is disabled...
  6. for some reason it says "I don't have permission to download and to contact the administrator"

7. I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission: I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-the-screensaver-manager-it-says-i/22edcd86-1556-48eb-a7ba-fb65c496f3fa
  8. Don't have administrator permissions anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have administrator permissions anymore: Alright so first of all,i had to create a new account and ended up deleting the old administrator one, i forgot i had created this one without permissions so now i deleted it and dont have any permissions anymore, i literally cant do ****,if i try to do something ACCESS...
  9. Error says I don't have access

Error says I don't have access: I'm trying to install a program and each time I get an error message which says "IPersistFile::Save failed, code0x80070005. Access Denied" So I googled the code and is basically says that I have misconfigured system files and to download a repair tool which I can't get to...
  10. Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything.: This just started yesterday. I have tried using Take Ownership on everything but it still says I don't permission to save anything. I can save things in certain folders and Desktop but I can't save anything under my Documents, Pictures, OneDrive or anything. I get this error...