Windows 10: As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows...

Discus and support As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** help me..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SurajRai0391, Jun 2, 2023.

1. As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows...

My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** help me..

:)

SurajRai0391, Jun 2, 2023

2. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows...

1. As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows... - Similar Threads - Microsoft has ended

2. As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As Microsoft has ended the support of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so now which windows...: My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-microsoft-has-ended-the-support-of-windows-7/0af5180d-80dc-4691-a61c-4be0c9962a90
  3. Reinstall Windows 8/8.1 after end of support has passed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 8/8.1 after end of support has passed: Hello All, I have a sick Dell All In One In Inspiron 20 model 3045 series E computer that a friend has asked me to troubleshoot.I have limited info but will provide all I can:Windows 8.1 build 9600 x64, I think originally came with Windows 8, machine is approximately 8 yrs...
  4. Reinstall Windows 8/8.1 after end of support has passed

Reinstall Windows 8/8.1 after end of support has passed: Hello All, I have a sick Dell All In One In Inspiron 20 model 3045 series E computer that a friend has asked me to troubleshoot.I have limited info but will provide all I can:Windows 8.1 build 9600 x64, I think originally came with Windows 8, machine is approximately 8 yrs...
  5. Why did windows 8 ended support so early

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did windows 8 ended support so early: I see many videos of windows 8 failure but why did it ended in 2016 is it because of its failure or microsoft needed to create windows 8.1 and replace windows 8...
  6. Why did windows 8 ended support so early

Why did windows 8 ended support so early: I see many videos of windows 8 failure but why did it ended in 2016 is it because of its failure or microsoft needed to create windows 8.1 and replace windows 8...
  7. Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported: I was gifted an older Gateway computer recently. Before doing so, the previous user reverted the OS from Windows 10 back to windows 7 and wiped all the programs he had installed, leaving Internet Explorer 8 as the only browser. Can't say why, I guess he thought he was being...
  8. Stinks Windows 7 Support Has To come to end Pretty Soon :(

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stinks Windows 7 Support Has To come to end Pretty Soon :(: Windows 7 has been around for a while. My Uncle still has a windows 7 laptop which is crazy and cool. I have a Windows 10. My Uncle had windows 7 for more then 8 years. His laptop still works OK but with red screen. Once in a while it starts to make a red screen. We will...
  9. Microsoft ends support for Windows 7 in around 500 days

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ends support for Windows 7 in around 500 days: Windows 7 has had a pretty good run and like all good things, Windows 7’s time in the spotlight must come to an end. Microsoft is supposed to end support for the old operating system in less than 500 days. Starting mid-January 2020, Microsoft will no longer offer any...
  10. Windows 7 Support ends in three years

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 Support ends in three years: One of the most successful operating systems is gradually approaching the end of its life cycle : the extended support of Windows 7 will be completed in three years. This means for all customers with Windows 7 PCs that from January 14, 2020 there will be no security updates,...