Windows 10: As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline

Discus and support As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I looked it up, with no luck. It says that in order to make a folder/ file available offline I need to right click and hit "Make Folder Available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DouwStyn, Feb 27, 2019.

1. DouwStyn Win User

As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline

I looked it up, with no luck. It says that in order to make a folder/ file available offline I need to right click and hit "Make Folder Available Offline".

Hell, so not. There is no such a "link" available when I right click.

How the heck do I do this?

I wish I can post a screen-shot here.

:)

DouwStyn, Feb 27, 2019

2. sync - where are offline files, folders disappear when offline?

I have sync set up, between 2 PCs, and made some 'always available offline' They are in the 'manage offline files' window., - but where are the offline files in explorer, when offline?

I could find them in "network" in the folder pane when connected, but when the connection is broken, the pc containing the shared files disappears from the network list!

How to I access offline files to edit them, and offline folders to save new files?

Thanks

The PC I am trying to find the offline files on is using Win 10 professional, the other 8.1 professional

piecevcake, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline :)

Frogger, Feb 27, 2019
  4. As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline

Windows 10 Sync Center - Cannot Set Up Folder for Always Available Offline

I have one W10 Pro laptop that refuses to make folders available for offline use. Windows 2008R2 server, using folder redirection for Desktop and Documents.

1. Sync Center opens fine

2. Manage Offline Files Enabled

3. In 'Set up new sync partnerships', folders listed: Folders(1)

Offline Files

Network files available offline

Folders

4. When I click on Set up, I get the dialog instructing me to right-click folder and select - Always Available Offline

5. In 'View Sync partnerships', I see - You have no sync partnerships set up on this computer. Click ...

6. In file explorer, when I right-click one of the two redirected folders and select - Always available offline, nothing happens; there are no changes. On all of my W10 computers that work, right clicking the folder shows - Always available offline greyed
    out with a check next to it.

No users on the offending machine can select any folders for offline use, including administrators. All of these same users have fully functional offline folders on another W10 machine.

What would prevent selection of folders when everything up to that point seems to work?

Ever'man IT, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline

1. As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline - Similar Threads - per Google instruction

2. Google Offline Map for Pakistan NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Offline Map for Pakistan NOT AVAILABLE: Dear All,I need to install / download OFFLINE MAP of Pakistan on Windows 10 but unfortunately, there is no option to download as on clicking "Asia", Pakistan is not shown to download / proceed further.Please advise if there is any other solution to download OFFLINE MAP of...
  3. Google Offline Map for Pakistan NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Offline Map for Pakistan NOT AVAILABLE: Dear All,I need to install / download OFFLINE MAP of Pakistan on Windows 10 but unfortunately, there is no option to download as on clicking "Asia", Pakistan is not shown to download / proceed further.Please advise if there is any other solution to download OFFLINE MAP of...
  4. Google Offline Map for Pakistan NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...: I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud' symbol. When I go to delete a file it may say, "if you delete this online file it will not be able to be restored from Recycle...
  6. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...: I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud' symbol. When I go to delete a file it may say, "if you delete this online file it will not be able to be restored from Recycle...
  7. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Make Pictures an Offline Folder

Make Pictures an Offline Folder: How do i make the Pictures folder, an offline folder so all the pictures show, instead of some having a thumbnail[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-pictures-an-offline-folder/2d137c44-d4c7-4f79-ad2e-07e33b0a1126
  9. Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...: For the ease of this post I will be using AAO as "always available offline". I have been told by a user that he want an folder to not be AAO within a folder that is AAO. As in, he wants to make a folder AAO go in that folder and untick AAO from a folder in there. He...
  10. Here is my Dump file per instructions,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Here is my Dump file per instructions,: This DMP file set will show a BSOD that happened just minutes before. I have used every OS that Microsoft has ever published and I have had more trouble with Windows 10 then any GUI MS OS to date. Oh one more thing the installation of Windows 10 was a clean install from DVD,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not make files available offline