Windows 10: As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me?

Discus and support As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As the only user of my PC, how do I seI setup my user account security?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by J. C. Meyers, Oct 19, 2018.

1. As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me?

As the only user of my PC, how do I seI setup my user account security?

:)

J. C. Meyers, Oct 19, 2018

2. User Account Settings

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly provide us the following:

• Screenshot of the User Account Settings that you are trying to access.
    • Steps that you have done with the registry.
    Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Oct 19, 2018
  3. User Account Settings

Let us create a new administrator account to check if the same thing will happen. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage another account > Add a new user in PC settings > Add someone else in this PC.
    • Enter the credentials needed.
    • Click the account that you have made and then click the Change account type option.
    • Choose Administrator and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Oct 19, 2018
  4. As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me?

User accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to find the other users in accounts option?
    To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me?

1. As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me? - Similar Threads - user set user

2. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  3. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  4. how do i set my user account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i set my user account password: how do i reset my user account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-user-account-password/35e5256c-81c6-45d5-b32d-2c5c218b9a22
  5. how do i set my user account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i set my user account password: how do i reset my user account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-user-account-password/35e5256c-81c6-45d5-b32d-2c5c218b9a22
  6. User Account Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Settings: Question: I have created a new user account with administration rights. I want to delete this existing user account with standard rights. If I delete the account, will all the install programs and files under this account also be deleted? Or what other solutions can I do to...
  7. User Account Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Settings: Why can't I change User Account Settings now when I previously could? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-settings/81a7dba3-9eb4-41ad-bd80-73ba84674f43
  8. User Accounts and settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts and settings: I somehow created a local account and user accountLogged on using microsoft account both are admin account. I want the user account as the admin only account and remove the local account but I couldn't remove the local account. If removing isn't possible I want to merge the...
  9. User account settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account settings: My administrative user account automatically changed to local user administrator. My keyboard connections got short, and a technician disabled it keyboard. Now I am passing time on touch keyboard. After disabling keyboard, I'm facing this issue of local account. I don't...
  10. how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account: how do I connect to a specific network connection with each user. I am trying to have only one user account connect to a specific SSID and the rest of the users not to? (More specific info) i want one user account to only connect to one specific Wi-Fi network and any other...