Windows 10: As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

Discus and support As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As windows loads, pop up box ask "what program do you want to open this file". No file is identified. By clicking desktop, box will disappear. Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckj5, Feb 5, 2019.

1. chuckj5 Win User

As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

As windows loads, pop up box ask "what program do you want to open this file". No file is identified. By clicking desktop, box will disappear. Can't find anything in error log, maybe I'm looking in the wrong log.
    Doesn't seem to affect the operating system, just a nuisance. Any clues on how to search this problem? Thanks

:)

chuckj5, Feb 5, 2019

2. Open Box 3870X2 173 shipped.

newegg open box items are usually dead boards/cards/cpu's/ram that the person rma'ed and they re-listed, call them and ask, they DO NOT test them they just re list them.

philbrown23, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Developer tools dialogue box opens as a pop up.

Hi Charlie,

Pop-up messages was made and intended to warn users regarding the activity that can affect the security of the operating system. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concern with this pop-up message, we’d like to ask you
    a few questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What is the developer tool that you're pertaining to?
    • What programs are affected with this dialogue message?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you provide a screenshot of this pop-up message?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Feb 5, 2019
  4. As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

1. As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this - Similar Threads - loads pop box

2. Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with: I am a long time trying to get an answer to this question. Every time I start my laptop I am presented with a list of programs, which asks, what do you want to open this file with IT NEVER LETS YOU KNOW WHAT FILE IT IS. How are you supposed to know what to pick?. Any other...
  3. Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image

Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image: This problem happen after April 2018 Update After I check "Always use this app to open .jpg files" and click OK.The same dialog box pops again and again This phenomena will only appear when I try to open any image files from applications: Thunderbird and uTorrent ***But...
  4. Microsoft Edge asks "what to you want to do with ****.htm"?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge asks "what to you want to do with ****.htm"?: Hi, The last couple of weeks some of my websites will not open. Edge asks me what I want to do with ****.htm, then gives me the options of Save, Save As or Cancel. However, the websites open in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox fine. I have run SFC /scannow and found no...
  5. Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?'

Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?': Every time I go to open a pic from Skype IM it asks me what app to open the file with. The problem there is no check box in the list of apps to say always use this app, so it asks every single time. Gets annoying after the first time. *Smile 21529
  6. How do you want to open this?" pop up dialogue box problem

How do you want to open this?" pop up dialogue box problem: When I type in url box in any browser or in any application, i get this "How do you want to open this?" pop up dialogue box and I have to click somewhere to continue. The dialogue box literally pops up every time I type a letter. I do not have this problem when using on...
  7. "How do you want to open this file?" keeps popping up despite default!

"How do you want to open this file?" keeps popping up despite default!: As above - I've been using Win 10 x64 for sometime already. Recently, however, I keep encountering this issue. The dialog box pops up and asks me what program I want to use even though I've already set the defaults. It remembers the app once and forgets once I shut down the...
  8. Pop up box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop up box: Hi I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 Windows 10 When I switched on yesterday went to setup homegroup but for some reason it told me there was a fault. So decided to select on the Network icon next to the Homegroup and another box came on screen asking me for a user name and...
  9. Stop asking How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop asking How do you want to open this file: This happens a lot. I double-click a file to open and a popup windows appears asking How do you want to open this file? It already has the program associated with it highlighted, but I still have to check the box to Always use this program and then click OK. These are...
  10. what do you want to open this with? on %APPDATA% on run?

in Windows 10 Support
    what do you want to open this with? on %APPDATA% on run?: As the title says I recently installed Acronis true image, upon reboot i got the black screen of death, no bios ..nothing... i had to strip the GPU out - blow the dust off and it started up but this time 2 problems so farall my torrents say ERROR CANT OPEN TORRENT FILE even...