Windows 10: As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

Discus and support As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As windows loads, pop up box ask "what program do you want to open this file". No file is identified. By clicking desktop, box will disappear. Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckj5, Feb 5, 2019.

1. chuckj5 Win User

As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

As windows loads, pop up box ask "what program do you want to open this file". No file is identified. By clicking desktop, box will disappear. Can't find anything in error log, maybe I'm looking in the wrong log.
    Doesn't seem to affect the operating system, just a nuisance. Any clues on how to search this problem? Thanks

:)

chuckj5, Feb 5, 2019

2. Open Box 3870X2 173 shipped.

newegg open box items are usually dead boards/cards/cpu's/ram that the person rma'ed and they re-listed, call them and ask, they DO NOT test them they just re list them.

philbrown23, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Developer tools dialogue box opens as a pop up.

Hi Charlie,

Pop-up messages was made and intended to warn users regarding the activity that can affect the security of the operating system. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concern with this pop-up message, we’d like to ask you
    a few questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What is the developer tool that you're pertaining to?
    • What programs are affected with this dialogue message?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you provide a screenshot of this pop-up message?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Feb 5, 2019
  4. As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this

1. As windows loads, pop up box ask what program do you want to open this - Similar Threads - loads pop box

2. pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...: Hi. Can anyone solve this problem? pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes for admin password but no where to enter it Windows 11 just installed...
  3. pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...: Hi. Can anyone solve this problem? pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes for admin password but no where to enter it Windows 11 just installed...
  4. what application asks the user what do you want to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  5. what application asks the user what do you want to do

what application asks the user what do you want to do: Elderly person needs to have the option of "what do you want to do" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-application-asks-the-user-what-do-you-want-to/7c75846b-7b2f-4d4e-8330-b1518f2f66f7
  6. Pop up "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up "How do you want to open this file?": Since a few days, whenever I turn on my pc this pop up always come.It says, "How do you want to open this file?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-how-do-you-want-to-open-this-file/747ed767-c458-4d29-8fb9-c4e944d0e74e
  7. Pop up "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up "How do you want to open this file?": Since a few days, whenever I turn on my pc this pop up always come.It says, "How do you want to open this file?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-how-do-you-want-to-open-this-file/747ed767-c458-4d29-8fb9-c4e944d0e74e
  8. Pop up "How do you want to open this file?"

9. having trouble in opening apps and programs for every program it is asking how do you want...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    having trouble in opening apps and programs for every program it is asking how do you want...: i command prompt assoc .exe=exefile from that time i can open any app or regedit app , and not even able to open command prompt i tried restting the pc but it was showing there was a problem in restting the pc pls help after i typed this "assoc .exe=exefile " all icons...
  10. How do you want to open this?" pop up dialogue box problem

How do you want to open this?" pop up dialogue box problem: When I type in url box in any browser or in any application, i get this "How do you want to open this?" pop up dialogue box and I have to click somewhere to continue. The dialogue box literally pops up every time I type a letter. I do not have this problem when using on...