Windows 10: Ascii file in Notepad

Discus and support Ascii file in Notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created an ascii file. It was automatically saved to Notepad. The file does not show any underscoring in the document. But the original document... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GreenGreen2, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Ascii file in Notepad

I created an ascii file. It was automatically saved to Notepad. The file does not show any underscoring in the document. But the original document has underscoring. Please help.

:)

GreenGreen2, Sep 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

TXT to ASCII

Hi Jacopo, open the file in Notepad and save the file from inside Notepad

Notepad by default saves files as ASCII . . .

DaveM121, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Wordpad ? Notepad ++ ? Why like this ?

This.

Notepad is a ASCII editor (later versions also support Unicode) which was intended mostly for batch programming. Like most scripting languages, word wrapping is not appreciated. Because of this, Notepad naturally does not break a line unless it is ordered to do so by the ASCII line break or carriage return character. "Word wrapping" basically dictates to the program the line breaks and carriage returns are irrelevant to the context of the document.

Wordpad is a formatted document editor suited mostly for the rich-text format. Basically that means it can bold, italicize, underline, and change fonts and font sizes. ASCII, and by extension, Notepad, does not support formatting beyond program specifications (the files themselves do not contain any formatting information beyond the basics). Wordpad will force line breaks because Wordpad assumes the document isn't scripting; it assumes the document is for reading by human eyes.

If you are scripting (which it looks like you aren't) you should leave word wrapping off.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Ascii file in Notepad

Extended ASCII characters from USB-serial interfaced equipment not displaying correctly.

Hi,

Extended ASCII characters are very useful for typing special symbols or characters. For better assistance, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you tried using the extended ASCII characters on an application such as notepad, Word, etc.? If yes, does it work on the said applications?
    • Are there any error messages displayed when using the extended ASCII characters on your external serial device?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Ascii file in Notepad

1. Ascii file in Notepad - Similar Threads - Ascii file Notepad

2. ASCII-Code on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII-Code on laptop: HelloIs there a way to activate the imbedded numeric keypad https://www.dummies.com/article/technology/computers/pcs/the-hidden-numeric-keypad-on-your-laptop-206927/ on my Surface laptop studio.The reason I ask this question is that I like to use the ASCII-Code ~ALT-Codes.I...
  3. Notepad won't accept ASCII characters when typed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad won't accept ASCII characters when typed in: Hello everybody: whenever I try to enter an ASCII character when typing in Notepad, the character simply won't appear, for example, if I type "Alt+165" in order to place a "Ñ", or if I type "Alt+130" in order to place an "é", those characters won't appear in the text and...
  4. Notepad won't accept ASCII characters when typed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad won't accept ASCII characters when typed in: Hello everybody: whenever I try to enter an ASCII character when typing in Notepad, the character simply won't appear, for example, if I type "Alt+165" in order to place a "Ñ", or if I type "Alt+130" in order to place an "é", those characters won't appear in the text and...
  5. Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad: I was working on a draft in notepad. I was trying to input ñ alt+164. It will work at first and when I type it again, a appears; then suddenly, I can no longer type any ASCII code. Thank you....
  6. Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad

Typing an ASCII Code in Notepad: I was working on a draft in notepad. I was trying to input ñ alt+164. It will work at first and when I type it again, a appears; then suddenly, I can no longer type any ASCII code. Thank you....
  7. Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad: Lenovo Legion laptopWindows 11English language settingsSwedish keyboard settingsNow, the issue is that whenever I open a new .txt file in notepad I can enter a total of 1 Ascii character using the left-alt + numpad method. Attempting to enter a second character using the same...
  8. Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad

Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad: Lenovo Legion laptopWindows 11English language settingsSwedish keyboard settingsNow, the issue is that whenever I open a new .txt file in notepad I can enter a total of 1 Ascii character using the left-alt + numpad method. Attempting to enter a second character using the same...
  9. ASCII codes in Character Map

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII codes in Character Map: Hello, I am looking for a way to show the ASCII codes of all characters that have one in the Character Map in Windows 10 Pro as used to be the case in older versions, in such a way that when I wish to insert a special character in another application I can easily check what...
  10. writing of the Ascii files takes too long!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    writing of the Ascii files takes too long!!: hi! since few days ago, I had to use the app called fullprof to doing some calculations/refinements exactely as Chris described in this thread...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ascii notepad

2. get help with notepad in windows 10 ascii

3. notepad ascii

4. ascii for notepad,
  5. create ascii file windows,
  6. ascii file notepad,
  7. CREATING AN ASCII FILE WITH NOTEPAD IN WINDOWS 10,
  8. ASCII symbols in bat menu file,
  9. how to open ascii file in notepad,
  10. windows notepad ascii,
  11. ascii art for notepad,