Windows 10: Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review

Discus and support Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Ashampoo Snap 11 is a premium screen capturing tool that offers plenty of options, some of which are unique and the built-in editor has a lot to offer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 28, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review

Ashampoo Snap 11 is a premium screen capturing tool that offers plenty of options, some of which are unique and the built-in editor has a lot to offer.

The program is available for Windows 7 and newer versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system. The regular price is $39.99 but there are discounts for users who upgrade from previous versions and deals available (e.g. Black Friday) regularly.

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review Ashampoo-Snap-editor.jpg

A help screen is displayed when you run Snap 11 which outlines the key elements of the interface to assist new and returning users.

Capture Bar

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review Ashampoo-Snap-capture-bar.jpg

While minimized, Snap puts a Capture Bar at the top of the screen. You can mouse over to where the small line is displayed, and the bar appears. It allows you to access the various capture modes (explained below) and the program's settings quickly. The capture bar provides for a distraction-free experience and works in full-screen mode too.

Note: I don't believe the hamburger menu icon used to be there in previous versions. Anyway, it's called the Touch-Screen Gripper (seriously), and can be disabled from the Settings > Capture tab.

Tip: You may want to disable the Automatic Crash Reporting from the Settings > General tab. And while you're at it, you might as well disable the news (service information, exclusive offers, and recommendations). I don't like it when premium software displays banners and places shortcuts, it makes me not want to buy those.

System Tray Icon

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review Ashampoo-Snap-right-click-menu.jpg

Tip: On the wrong screen? Just use right-click to cancel a capture.

Right-click on Snap's system tray icon and you'll be able to access all the capture modes from the context menu. These are the various screenshot modes available in Ashampoo Snap 11:

• Capture Desktop - This is your basic print screen key feature as it captures the entire screen.
    • Capture 3D Game/Primary Monitor - You can use this by pressing Shift + Print.
    • Capture Window/Object - This is one of the most useful options in Ashampoo Snap 11. It can be used to capture an application's Window. You can left-click in a window to capture a screenshot. It also has a Capture Menu option which identifies when a menu is open to capture a screenshot of that menu. Another interesting option provided is "Capture Multiple Windows/Objects" at the same time.

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review Ashampoo-Snap-multi-windows.jpg

The option supports four modes - desktop (as-you-see-it) which is same as the print screen mode, stacked (Cascading windows), side-by-side (application windows), and side-by-side (application windows and child objects). None of the 3 advanced options actually rearranged anything on the screen, yet the screenshots turned out to be as described which makes it a useful feature for certain applications.

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review [​IMG] Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review [​IMG]
    • Capture Video - Ashampoo Snap 11 is more than just a screenshot tool, it can be used for Video Recording as well. You can capture the content of the desktop or a specific window. There are options to select a rectangular region, fixed region, or even the primary monitor (in case you're using a multi-monitor setup). You can also choose to record video from a webcam. The application can capture the audio from the speaker or microphone, and supports on-the-fly encoding or disk cache encoding. It's easy to use, just select the area to record and sit back while Ashampoo Snap 11 does the work.

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review Ashampoo-Snap-11-video-recorder-1.jpg

Optionally, you can display the mouse cursor, pressed keys, display the webcam feed, add a watermark and choose an effect for the video from the video control bar.

All of these are useful for creating tutorial videos, streaming on YouTube, Twitch, etc. Once you have recorded a video, Snap will automatically open the built-in video editor that you can use to cut the video, export it as WMV, GIF or append it.

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review Ashampoo-Snap-11-video-recorder.jpg

• Capture Scrolling Window - This particular option captures the entire content of windows with scrollbars. You have three modes for this - Website, Freestyle, Text
    • Capture Region - Free Rectangle Region, Freestyle Region, Fixed Region and Custom Region. Basically you draw a rectangle or shape, or select a specific area or define the screen position (in pixels) and Snap will save a screenshot using the chosen method. The Fixed Region option has different resolution sizes that you can choose from.
    • Color Picker - This is the eye-dropper tool, which you can use to pick a color on the screen. The application copies the color value to the clipboard, and you can use it in other programs for editing images.
    • Capture Timed - I normally use Snipping Tool's timed capture for this, but Ashampoo Snap 11 offers more options. There are three timed capture styles: regular timed captures, capture in specific interval (every n seconds/minutes), and time-lapse video which captures the screen every few seconds/minutes. You can set the wait duration for all three modes. And you can select the content to capture as well (window, desktop, rectangular region, custom region, or record from the webcam).

Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review Ashampoo-Snap-timed-capture.jpg

• Capture Text (OCR) - If you have an image which has a lot of text in it,but you don't have the time to manually type all that, Optical Character Recognition can scan the text for you and copy it to the clipboard. This was not very accurate during testing but it may speed things up nevertheless.

Tip: You can set your own keyboard shortcuts for some capture modes.

• Browser monitoring and URL monitoring - This was a feature which I hadn't seen in other screenshot programs (I could be mistaken though). When Ashampoo Snap 11 was open in the background, and I right-clicked on images on web pages to copy them, they were captured by Snap 11 and opened in its editor. The captured screenshot also had the URL of the web page where it was saved from. It can be a quick way to save content for future reference.
    Editing Screenshots

The Action Bar is on the right edge of the screen; it provides you with options to save/delete the capture, share the screenshot by email, Twitter, Facebook, or upload it to the Cloud. You can also export it to Photoshop or other applications, or simply copy the image to the clipboard, open it in another application, or view the screenshot folder. Ashampoo Snap 11's editor can be used to open previously saved images.

The Tool bar to the left side is handy for adding text (watermarks, customizable fonts), shapes, arrows, stamps, spotlight, and other objects. You can use the marker pen to annotate images, and the eraser and blur tools to redact information. The crop tool is useful for resizing pictures quickly in your desired dimensions.

Output modes

By default, Snap opens the captured screenshot in its built-in editor. You can change it to save directly to the screenshot folder, or copy it to the clipboard, or open it directly in an app (like your image editor).

Note: For some reason, Ashampoo uses check boxes for the Output mode selection. I think radio buttons would've been a better option here, because check boxes are for multi-selection.

Closing Words

Ashampoo Snap 11 is a powerful screen and video capture program for Windows. It provides all the features that one could possibly need, and then some more when it comes to the capturing, processing and editing.

The program has more to offer than Martin's favorite screen capturing tool PicPick, but that one is free whereas Snap 11 is not.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 28, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

ashampoo snap

Hi Israel, well Ashampoo Snap (a screen capture tool) and Android Studio are two totally different pieces of software . ..

If you found Ashampoo Snap downloader in your Downloads folder, then at some stage someone must have tried to download that software, or it came bundled along with some other software . . .

If you are still having a problem, Android Studio can be downloaded and installed from this link (file Size is 758MB)

Download Android Studio and SDK tools  |  Android Developers

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Nov 28, 2019
  3. ashampoo snap

I have been having this problem for a while now and I don't know how to fix it. I downloaded android studio and then wanted to install it, all I saw there was a file having its name with a size of 1.26mb, I checked its properties
    and I saw its description as ashampoo snap. I'd really appreciate if I could get some help concerning this.

Alphard_sa, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Screen Capture software

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found a suggestion that may help you take a screenshot of the dropdown menu using the Snipping tool. Please follow the steps below:

• Launch Snipping tool.
    • Right-click the menu you wish to take a screenshot.
    • Press CTRL + Fn+ Print Scrn.
    • Once you've already taken the print screen of the menu, you may try using the snipping tool and check if it will be able to capture the drop down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Ashampoo Snap 11 screen capture review - Similar Threads - Ashampoo Snap screen

2. Screen capture app for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen capture app for Windows 11?: Can anyone recommend a screen capture app for Windows 11. I miss the snipping tool on Windows 10 but 11 does not support this tool. Just one of many reasons why Windows 11 is a poor OS....
  3. Screen capture app for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen capture app for Windows 11?: Can anyone recommend a screen capture app for Windows 11. I miss the snipping tool on Windows 10 but 11 does not support this tool. Just one of many reasons why Windows 11 is a poor OS....
  4. screen capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen capture: What keys would I press to take a picture of the screen? Thanks for any help with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture/dfaefaeb-af28-492e-a6d5-328e6238f269
  5. Screen Time Review

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Time Review: When will there be a feature where I can have widgets on my desktop or an app from Microsoft which I can use to see how much time I am spending on particular applications and sites?...
  6. Screen Time Review

Screen Time Review: When will there be a feature where I can have widgets on my desktop or an app from Microsoft which I can use to see how much time I am spending on particular applications and sites?...
  7. Screen Time Review

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Screen Capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Capture: How many ways are there, to do a full screen capture copy in Windows 10Thanks for reading . . . Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture/38842351-8ebf-4caf-91de-b36f407a1d97
  9. Screen captures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen captures: I recently bought a new computer, both the old one and new one have win 10. I've always used the screen capture key and I liked that the pictures would automatically be uploaded to one drive, but with my new laptop that worked for a few days and now every time I use it it...
  10. Ashampoo's TrackOFF Elite

Ashampoo's TrackOFF Elite: This was the latest temptation which they sent me. It sounds impressive, but I wonder if it is of much, if any, benefit to the current Windows 10. Any comments anyone? 130173