Windows 10: ASIO driver constantly malfunctioning on Windows 10

Discus and support ASIO driver constantly malfunctioning on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using Propellerheads Reason on Windows systems for a while now, up until recently using a Roland UA-25EX USB audio device using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by quent1n, Sep 28, 2019.

1. quent1n Win User

ASIO driver constantly malfunctioning on Windows 10

Hi,

I've been using Propellerheads Reason on Windows systems for a while now, up until recently using a Roland UA-25EX USB audio device using the delivered ASIO driver.

Never had a problem.

Until roughly spring 2019, when all of a sudden, the audio outputwould start to crackle and eventually stop.

I had to select a different output and re-select the asio output (assuming resulting in a driver reset of some sort), then it worked again for while.

I initially though this was a hardware issue of my audio device and purchase a ZOOM UAC-2 usb audio device.

But also with that device the audio output would after while start to crackle, pause or completely stop until i re-select the device in Reason.

I now assume it must have something to to do with a Windows update happening in spring.

Does anybody else have these kind of issues using ASIO audio output on windows and how you one fix the issues?

Thanks in advance

:)

quent1n, Sep 28, 2019

2. ASIO driver support in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'd be glad to help you.

This issue occurs due to the outdated and incompatible Universal ASIO Driver.

I would suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to update the latest Universal ASIO Driver
    in the Device Manager and check, if it works.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Locate and expand Universal ASIO Driver.

• Right click on the Universal ASIO Driver
      and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.
    Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to uninstall the
    Universal ASIO Driver from the Device Managerand reinstall the latest
    Universal ASIO Driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Universal ASIO Driver
    in compatibility mode with Windows 7.

1. Download the latest Universal ASIO Driver
    from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 28, 2019
  3. ASIO driver support in Windows 10

We suggest to contact the developer of ASIO and ask for an update to the driver that is compatible with the recent update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Justin Emb, Sep 28, 2019
  4. ASIO driver constantly malfunctioning on Windows 10

ASIO driver support in Windows 10

Man Jedsada, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

ASIO driver constantly malfunctioning on Windows 10

1. ASIO driver constantly malfunctioning on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ASIO driver constantly

2. cannot open asio on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open asio on windows 10: asio installed but can not open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-asio-on-windows-10/64151c64-04ea-4811-8d61-323807bfc906
  3. cannot open asio on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot open asio on windows 10: asio installed but can not open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-asio-on-windows-10/64151c64-04ea-4811-8d61-323807bfc906
  4. ASIO drivers

ASIO drivers: Does windows 10 have an asio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asio-drivers/643e646c-28c0-4d53-96f2-db65a321f79a
  5. USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions

USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions: Afternoon All, After searching the internet for multiple solutions and reading other forum posts here, I have not found a single solution that worked to fix my constant USB disconnect, and reconnect problem. At this point I'm going to look at a full windows reinstall....
  6. ASIO Driver Issues

ASIO Driver Issues: Dear Sirs: I am writing to you today to try and solve a major issue that I have had for quite some time. I would appreciate some sound suggestions from you as to how to solve my problem. ITEMS IN USE: · DAW Digital Audio Workstation: Cakewalk by Bandlab ·...
  7. Realtek ASIO Driver installs but fails to operate

Realtek ASIO Driver installs but fails to operate: AMD 3700x Aorus X570 MB Windows 10 64 Bit Having trouble getting Realtek ASIO drivers to function. I installed the latest drivers from the gigabyte/Aurus Elite drivers page. Its a recent build. 8854 So the Asio drivers don't install by default. There's a DIR in the...
  8. ASIO Driver Ardour ASIO4ALL

ASIO Driver Ardour ASIO4ALL: So far my experience of moving from Win7 to Win10 has been very unpleasant. I have a strange issue when using ASIO4ALL under Ardour. When I start using my DAW everything sounds fine; then over time a nasty static sound appears and the frequency increases to where it's...
  9. Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking

Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking: I recently bought an HP notebook to use it for audio processing. it has: Intel Core i7 9th generation (Coffee Lake) CPU 9750H @ 2.60Ghz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, I tried different DJ audio interfaces like Traktor Kontrol S4 mk3 and Pioneer DJM 900 NXS2. With both, I...
  10. Driver Malfunction?

Driver Malfunction?: My sons laptop is quite old, (aspire 8930) with win 10 insider preview on it. He had a problem with the dc socket being loose, so I took it to the shop and had a new one fitted. Works a treat. But I see a blue screen sad face telling me 'power driver state failure' give me a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Samplitude ASIO driver fails win 10

2. what to do when your asio driver malfunctions

3. asio driver error = HWMalfunction