Windows 10: ASIO drivers

Discus and support ASIO drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does windows 10 have an asio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asio-drivers/643e646c-28c0-4d53-96f2-db65a321f79a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phil Allen62, May 4, 2021.

1. ASIO drivers

Does windows 10 have an asio driver?

:)

Phil Allen62, May 4, 2021

2. ASIO driver support in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'd be glad to help you.

This issue occurs due to the outdated and incompatible Universal ASIO Driver.

I would suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to update the latest Universal ASIO Driver
    in the Device Manager and check, if it works.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Locate and expand Universal ASIO Driver.

• Right click on the Universal ASIO Driver
      and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.
    Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to uninstall the
    Universal ASIO Driver from the Device Managerand reinstall the latest
    Universal ASIO Driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Universal ASIO Driver
    in compatibility mode with Windows 7.

1. Download the latest Universal ASIO Driver
    from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 4, 2021
  3. ASIO driver support in Windows 10

We suggest to contact the developer of ASIO and ask for an update to the driver that is compatible with the recent update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Justin Emb, May 4, 2021
  4. ASIO drivers

ASIO Driver Issues

Dear Sirs:

I am writing to you today to try and solve a major issue that I have had for quite some time. I would appreciate some sound suggestions from you as to how to solve my problem.

ITEMS IN USE:

· DAW (Digital Audio Workstation): Cakewalk by Bandlab

· Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster XFI Titanium HD

· PC System: MS Windows 10 (See Computer Stats – Attached file)

· Spectrasonics Software (Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trillian)

· Preferred Drivers: ASIO

I am an independent artist and record in my home. My soundcard includes specific playback and recording drivers and will not allow me to substitute any other drivers other than what was installed with the item at time of purchase. Updates to the drivers
    are available at the SB website and I do have the latest drivers installed.

My DAW prefers use of ASIO low latency drives, for playback and recording. I believe my soundcard does not recognize the currently installed (ASIO)
    recording drivers available for the product. It appears to be a legacy product, with “end of life service” as of May 28, 2019.

I paid a lot of money for my soundcard and the quality is awesome, so I do not want to replace it. Some of my software synths do not recognize the older ASIO drivers.

After searching online is discovered that ASIO drivers are preferred for Windows 10 products. I also discovered updated versions of the ASIO drivers that are available for free to download and install, however my soundcard will not allow me to acquire
    them through the available manufacturer’s software.

Is there a work around for this issue? Is a compatibility issue? Am I going down the wrong path here with my findings? I could use some suggestions and assistance in solving this problem.

I am sending a copy of this writing to all vendors to see if we can come to a mutual solution.

Thank you for your assistance.

Robert L. Bryant

remotejazz, May 4, 2021
Thema:

ASIO drivers

1. ASIO drivers - Similar Threads - ASIO drivers

2. Hardware is not available to the ASIO driver, but WDM, DX, and MME drivers all use the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware is not available to the ASIO driver, but WDM, DX, and MME drivers all use the...: AUDIO-EDITING SOFTWARE CAN SEE THE ASIO DRIVER BUT THE DRIVER CAN'T SEEM TO LOCATE THE HARDWARE.- The hardware is installed properly and functioning as it should. I know this because the PCIe soundcard appears in the network control software Dante Controller and I can use the...
  3. Hardware is not available to the ASIO driver, but WDM, DX, and MME drivers all use the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware is not available to the ASIO driver, but WDM, DX, and MME drivers all use the...: AUDIO-EDITING SOFTWARE CAN SEE THE ASIO DRIVER BUT THE DRIVER CAN'T SEEM TO LOCATE THE HARDWARE.- The hardware is installed properly and functioning as it should. I know this because the PCIe soundcard appears in the network control software Dante Controller and I can use the...
  4. Hardware is not available to the ASIO driver, but WDM, DX, and MME drivers all use the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE: Hello, i have an issue with the access to the asio driver of my RME BABYFACE. Please let me describe the situation : - when i start windows 10, the drivers are recognized by the default software that RME provides called TotalMix. My RME BABYFACE is also recognized in the...
  6. Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE

Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE: Hello, i have an issue with the access to the asio driver of my RME BABYFACE. Please let me describe the situation : - when i start windows 10, the drivers are recognized by the default software that RME provides called TotalMix. My RME BABYFACE is also recognized in the...
  7. Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE

8. Yamaha Steinberg Asio Issue or any other audio driver so far

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yamaha Steinberg Asio Issue or any other audio driver so far: Hello there!Something strange has been happening since the release of Win11.Up to Win10 I was able to use the Asio drivers fine in every kind of situation - that being from simple gaming to intensive music production - but since Win11 it looks like the system has got issues...
  9. Yamaha Steinberg Asio Issue or any other audio driver so far

Yamaha Steinberg Asio Issue or any other audio driver so far: Hello there!Something strange has been happening since the release of Win11.Up to Win10 I was able to use the Asio drivers fine in every kind of situation - that being from simple gaming to intensive music production - but since Win11 it looks like the system has got issues...
  10. Turn off anything that may be using my ASIO driver except the single device I want to use it

Turn off anything that may be using my ASIO driver except the single device I want to use it: I have a Dell PC running Windows 10. I assume there is a way in the registry to make sure there is nothing trying to use the ASIO driver except my TASCAM DM4800 mixer / interface....