Windows 10: ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working

Discus and support ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop is Lenovo ideapad 120s-14iap. I bought this usb to ethernet device and it works on all my other devices. In my laptop I have 2 usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yusufipk, Feb 17, 2020.

1. yusufipk Win User

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working

Hello, my laptop is Lenovo ideapad 120s-14iap. I bought this usb to ethernet device and it works on all my other devices. In my laptop I have 2 usb ports and I can't even see anything on device manager when I plug it in. I tried few things myself.

1- I tried to install the driver from manufacturers page and it didn't work.

2- I tried to reset Windows 10 via settings. It also didn't work.

3- I formatted whole laptop and fresh installed Windows 10. It didn't work.

I was hopeful for the last solution. Now I don't have anything in my mind. I also updated chipsets on Lenovo's driver webpage. I am open to your solutions. Thank you.

:)

yusufipk, Feb 17, 2020
  2. gbjbasdw Win User

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

Following the latest Windows 10 update ( 1803 build 17134.285 ) I notice that my USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is no longer working. It does not switch from WiFi to ethernet in the taskbar when connected.

Oddly this is ONLY happening when I plug it into either of my USB 3.0 ports - it works normally when I plug it into the USB 2.0 port on the laptop.

When I check in device manager there is nothing there under Network Adapters unless it is connected to the USB 2.0 port when I can see it as "ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter".

When I plug it into the USB 3.0 it is as though I have not plugged anything into the port. i.e. no Windows sound plays, no taskbar icon for Eject Device etc.

Anyone know if the latest updates have any mods to the USB controllers or something ?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

gbjbasdw, Feb 17, 2020
  3. gabgab Win User
    USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not reaching full speeds on USB2

hi guys,
    I have an odd problem - just recently we moved to Germany and there's a new connection here, with a Fritzbox, which seems to be popular, and here's the situation.

I have an ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ that I really like, overall works well. Now something strange happened since arriving here. I wanted to test the speed of the connection with the Ethernet Cable and saw it was quite slow, and wifi going faster....which is very odd..

so this is the setup: Hamlet USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter going to the Ethernet Cable, I will attach 2 speed test screen shots so you will see.

Basically when the adaptor is plugged to the usb2 port, it doesn't go past 10-11mbps which is very slow (basically 1.4 MB/SEC) whereas if I plug it into the usb3 port, it goes to the full potential of this connection which is approx. 160mbps that is almost 20 MB/SEC and that's quite great.

Now this might seem normal, usb3 adaptor in usb3 port, etc but the thing is it never behaved this way and also, on my wife's Win10 PC (same setup as mine pretty much) but it's a Lenovo Yoga, it does exactly the same speed on both USB2 and USB3 ports, maybe 1mbps more than mine but we'll leave that one out.
    In Italy I have a 200mbps connection and I am able to reach 198 mbs with the speed tests on the usb2 -- that was a few months ago.

Now I updated the drivers of the USB adaptor and nothing changed, the only recent thing happening was a windows update and that's that.

Do you guys have any ideas? Oh and to complicate the situation, when I go into STATUS it shows 1 Gbps in both configurations usb2 and usb3 - it's just the throughput that dramatically changes?

any ideas? Asus support suggested me to reinstall the chipset drivers, which I did but nothing changed and I don't want to do a system restore as the machine runs well. I usually keep the SS USB3 free in case I have to transfer files with the external hdd and not for the internet....oh well....

The usb is recognized by windows as ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

on the USB 3

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working [​IMG]

on the USB 2

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working [​IMG]

thanks guys!
    Gabrio

gabgab, Feb 17, 2020
  4. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working

windows cannot find my ethernet adapter

I get internet via wifi access . But my usb ethernet adapter is no longer is recognised. It does not show in the network connection pane .Under Network and Internet there is no Ethernet option. In device Manager under Network Adapters it's shown as Asix ax88179 USB 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter. In Properties General device status shows:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware .The driver may be corrupted or missing ( code 39)

Object not found"

I tried to update drive , uninstall and reinstall to no avail . What to do now? It was working yesterday .

Please help. Thanks

sportflyer, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working

1. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working - Similar Threads - ASIX AX88179 USB3

2. ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting: Hey :So my USB-C Ethernet Adapter ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter ist not connecting on the first boot up... it only connects when i started my pc, logged into my account and then restart my PC. Can someone help me with this issue? I´d like for it to...
  3. ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting: Hey :So my USB-C Ethernet Adapter ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter ist not connecting on the first boot up... it only connects when i started my pc, logged into my account and then restart my PC. Can someone help me with this issue? I´d like for it to...
  4. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10: Following a windows update in June/July my company experienced an issue with the ethernet adapters we use, that being the asix ax88179. As windows does not easily allow for simple vlan tagging we use these adaptersamazon basics to program/configure/access vlan tagged...
  5. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10: Following a windows update in June/July my company experienced an issue with the ethernet adapters we use, that being the asix ax88179. As windows does not easily allow for simple vlan tagging we use these adaptersamazon basics to program/configure/access vlan tagged...
  6. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  8. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  9. Internet Connection Sharing, ASIX AX88179 USB to Ethernet to PS4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ASIX AX88179 USB to Ethernet to PS4: Hello, I'm looking for any help or ideas regarding an issue i'm recently having with using Internet Connection Sharing from my Laptop's ASUS K501UW AB78 Network Connection Ethernet to a ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter for my PS4's Internet connection.This has worked...
  10. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port: Following the latest Windows 10 update ( 1803 build 17134.285 ) I notice that my USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is no longer working. It does not switch from WiFi to ethernet in the taskbar when connected. Oddly this is ONLY happening when I plug it into either of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter

2. asix ax88179 this device cannot start. (code 10)

3. ax88179 network freeze

4. ax88179 bsod windows,
  5. asix ax88179 windows 10 not working,
  6. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter コード45,
  7. asix ax8819 not connecting,
  8. asix ax88179 no network access,
  9. drive asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter,
  10. asix ax88179 usb 3.0,
  11. ax88179 windows 10 problem,
  12. asix ax88179 probleme mit asus vivobook,
  13. ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapte will not connect at 1.0 gbps,
  14. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet while using wifi