Windows 10: ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

Discus and support ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following the latest Windows 10 update ( 1803 build 17134.285 ) I notice that my USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is no longer working. It does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gbjbasdw, Sep 15, 2018.

1. gbjbasdw Win User

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

Following the latest Windows 10 update ( 1803 build 17134.285 ) I notice that my USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is no longer working. It does not switch from WiFi to ethernet in the taskbar when connected.

Oddly this is ONLY happening when I plug it into either of my USB 3.0 ports - it works normally when I plug it into the USB 2.0 port on the laptop.

When I check in device manager there is nothing there under Network Adapters unless it is connected to the USB 2.0 port when I can see it as "ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter".

When I plug it into the USB 3.0 it is as though I have not plugged anything into the port. i.e. no Windows sound plays, no taskbar icon for Eject Device etc.

Anyone know if the latest updates have any mods to the USB controllers or something ?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

:)

gbjbasdw, Sep 15, 2018
  2. mediaman09, Sep 15, 2018
  3. VodaFone2 Win User
    USB3 device disconnecting when transferring files.

Hello!

I've recently built a new PC and everything is working fine, well almost everything. There are 4 USB ports on the case front panel. Two of them are USB2 and the other two are USB3. My problem lies with the
    USB3 ports. Neither of them work when using a USB3 capable stick. File transfers fail within seconds, then you hear the usb stick disconnecting and reconnecting.

I can use a USB2 stick in both of the troublesome ports and files copy perfectly fine (at 20mb/s). The USB3 sticks work perfectly fine on on the USB2 ports and even the USB3 port directly on the motherboard
    (at ~57mb/s). The problem occurs only on the front panel USB3 ports when copying at USB3 speeds (~57mb/s).

So far I have tried:

• Updating BIOS
    • Updating USB drivers
    • Updating Windows 10 to latest version
    • Disabling power saving for USB devices in device manager
    • Remove and reconnect USB3 cable on motherboard
    • Verify if the issue is not the HDD that I am copying from
    The motherboard and case in question are:

• Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
    • NZXT Source 340 Elite
    I am looking for any help or tips regarding this issue as my google skills are failing me.

VodaFone2, Sep 15, 2018
  4. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

Win 10 Upgrade killed my USB3 ports, need solution

I used the USB3 ports before installing Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron. Now the USB3 ports do not work. Devices plugged into the ports simply do not show up in File Explorer. Suggestions on other sites included update drivers, but the MS driver update feature
    says the best driver is already in place.

I welcome suggestions and references.

Thank you.

Charles Le Grand, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

1. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port - Similar Threads - ASIX AX88179 USB3

2. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10: Following a windows update in June/July my company experienced an issue with the ethernet adapters we use, that being the asix ax88179. As windows does not easily allow for simple vlan tagging we use these adaptersamazon basics to program/configure/access vlan tagged...
  3. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10: Following a windows update in June/July my company experienced an issue with the ethernet adapters we use, that being the asix ax88179. As windows does not easily allow for simple vlan tagging we use these adaptersamazon basics to program/configure/access vlan tagged...
  4. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  6. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  7. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working: Hello, my laptop is Lenovo ideapad 120s-14iap. I bought this usb to ethernet device and it works on all my other devices. In my laptop I have 2 usb ports and I can't even see anything on device manager when I plug it in. I tried few things myself. 1- I tried to install the...
  8. Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter: hi there, to make a long story short, my touchpad with the pointer goes bezerk when i have the usb3 hub connected and i plug the internet via an ethernet cable. the mouse (external) works fine - everything works fine when it's on wireless though. If i plug the cable to the...
  9. Samsung SSD On Sata to USB3 Adapter Cable Shows As SCSI Not USB3

Samsung SSD On Sata to USB3 Adapter Cable Shows As SCSI Not USB3: My external Sata Samsung SSD (on a Sata to USB3 adapter cable plugged into a USB3 motherboard external port) shows as a SCSI drive and not as a USB3 drive in Device Manager on my computer. It should show as a USB3 device As a result, the transfer speeds which should operate...
  10. USB3 ports on Logilink PCI ExpressCard are not work

USB3 ports on Logilink PCI ExpressCard are not work: Okay, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64Bit to windows 10 Pro 64bit. Everything ran smooth and fine. But my USB3 ports mounted on a Logilink product (Art. PC0058) PCI ExpressCard 2xUSB3 work only as power supply. The error indicated by device manager point to USB Root hub...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Asix 8x 88179 USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Adapter download driver

2. ax88179 freeze

3. windows 10 asix usb 3.0 ethernet adapter not working on lenovo x1 carbon

4. asix ax88179 SLOW DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD SPEED WIN 10,
  5. drivers asis a 88179 usb3.0 ethernet adapter win 10