Windows 10: "Ask Permission" Error for Application

Discus and support "Ask Permission" Error for Application in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I have disabled family features on my windows 10 computer. But whenever I go on to google chrome it says 'Ask for permission' so I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DanteAntepara, May 7, 2021.

1. "Ask Permission" Error for Application

Hello, Recently I have disabled family features on my windows 10 computer. But whenever I go on to google chrome it says 'Ask for permission' so I click on 'ask by email' and an error message pops up saying 'Something went wrong. I am confused about this because even after I left the family features it still keeps saying "Ask for Permission"And the error code is Trace ID: +q0wlTAve0GcNKZr.12.4 PrdID:9NCBCSZSJRSB

:)

DanteAntepara, May 7, 2021
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, May 7, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 7, 2021
  4. "Ask Permission" Error for Application

Family Features Ask for permission

Hi Brayden,

To better understand what causes this issue, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently prior to the issue?
    • Where do you usually get this error message? Is it when accessing applications or browsing the web?
    • If your brother set up your account as a child, have you tried asking his permission when you want to access something, especially browsing the web?

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 7, 2021
Thema:

"Ask Permission" Error for Application

1. "Ask Permission" Error for Application - Similar Threads - Ask Permission Error

2. Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...: 0I developed a WPF application using .NET 5 and I must run it with administrator privileges. I have created a setup project and added the primary output of my WPF application to it.To accomplish this, I have made sure to set the requestedExecutionLevel attribute to...
  3. Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...: 0I developed a WPF application using .NET 5 and I must run it with administrator privileges. I have created a setup project and added the primary output of my WPF application to it.To accomplish this, I have made sure to set the requestedExecutionLevel attribute to...
  4. Asking for Administrator permission in a WPF application despite setting...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  6. applications asking permission on every boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    applications asking permission on every boot up: About a month ago I performed a "clean boot" to try to fix a problem I was having running a game. Since then several of my applications have been asking me if I "want to allow this program to make changes to your device" every time I start up. This is the usual popup that...
  7. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  8. Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

Needing to ask for permission on essential applications: Hello everyone! I am a child using Microsoft Family settings. Recently, I have been discovering Microsoft Family Features being kinda annoying.[ATTACH] As you can tell, this isn't very helpful. Is there a way for Microsoft to blacklist essential applications. Thoughts?...
  9. Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application

Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application: Before a windows update, I was able to use an application however after the update, upon trying to open the application I am prompted to ask for permission; although the adults in my family did not change any settings. Why does this happen?...
  10. "Ask for Permission" Error

"Ask for Permission" Error: I just recently got a gaming laptop for Christmas, a Dell G3 15 3590 to be specific. It runs a 64bit Windows 10 Home OS. I'm part of a Microsoft family and marked as "Child". Anyways, I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, so I checked the Xbox Beta app to see the games I could...