Windows 10: ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue)

Discus and support ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After update window 10 to the newest version, the OS sometimes think that my shift key is pressed. I had to restart to get rid of it but still it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/L09icCa7, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue)

After update window 10 to the newest version, the OS sometimes think that my shift key is pressed. I had to restart to get rid of it but still it came back every moment or so.

submitted by /u/L09icCa7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/L09icCa7, Nov 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 start to beep when left control and shift pressed

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard drivers and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Keyboard drivers listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Beep sound on pressing Shift + Space + W keys on the keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi Ivan,

From the above description, I understand you are hearing a beep tone on pressing
    Shift + Space + W keys at once on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• Why are you pressing Shift + Space +
      W
      keys together?
    • Are you pressing the keys together on any particular application?
    • Which build is currently running on the computer?

Method 1: Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, check if you have enabled settings to notify you via sound on pressing shortcut keys on the keyboard by following
    the steps below:

• Press Window logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      window on the computer.
    • Select Ease of Access and click on Keyboard from the left side panel of the window.
    • On the right side panel, under Other Settings, check if
      Make a sound when turning a setting on or off with a shortcut is switched on. If yes, slide the bar to disable and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists,
    boot the computer in Clean boot state and check if the issue is caused due to any of the installed third party applications/programs.

Putting the system in Clean boot will enable the PC to start using minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in
    Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

Refer to the section How to perform a clean boot for
    Windows 10 from the article.

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of beep sound on pressing
    Shift + Space + W keys on the keyboard on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue)

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue)

1. ASK!!!! Window 10 sometimes think SHIFT is pressed ( not a keyboard issue) - Similar Threads - ASK Window sometimes

2. Im having issues when ever I press a and shift on my keyboard it prioritizes one, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im having issues when ever I press a and shift on my keyboard it prioritizes one, and...: As the question says, whenever I press a and another control button such as shift or forward it only does whichever one I pressed first, this doesn’t happen with other keys and happens in multiple different games leading me to think it’s not a game bug but a issue with my...
  3. Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed: So, recently my Windows 10 x64 has been a bit buggy. I'm not sure what is causing it.After my computer has been on for a while, when I access the start menu, the search menu, and the media player, it indicates that a directional button is being pressed down. No buttons were...
  4. Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed: So, recently my Windows 10 x64 has been a bit buggy. I'm not sure what is causing it.After my computer has been on for a while, when I access the start menu, the search menu, and the media player, it indicates that a directional button is being pressed down. No buttons were...
  5. Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.: So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as uninstall the drivers, install new ones, update software and firmware, run health checks, rebooting and many other things yet...
  6. Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key: Every time I press A, Q , 1 on my ducky keyboard i thinks i am pressing the window key. I saw it was doing that when I opened the on screen keyboard. I have tried everything. I uninstalled the drivers, restarted my computer, moved usb port and updated the keyboard none of...
  7. Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.: Certain aspects and programs in Win 10, including the start menu, search bar, calculator, and settings applications think that the Down Arrow Key is continually being pressed. Other applications such as the File Manager, Task Manager, and non Microsoft programs behave...
  8. Disable keyboard list popup when pressing alt + shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable keyboard list popup when pressing alt + shift: Hi, recently I installed newest windows update (1903). Until this version when I changed keyboard (alt + shift) it didn't appear on screen, but now it does. How can I disable that window? See photo. [IMG] Thanks, Adrian...
  9. Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift: Hi, recently I installed newest windows update (1903). Until this version when I changed keyboard (alt + shift) it didn't appear on screen, but now it does. How can I disable that window? See photo. [IMG] Thanks, Adrian...
  10. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...