Windows 10: Asked to Create a display name when trying to sign in

Discus and support Asked to Create a display name when trying to sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread.Hey! I have a problem with signing in to my account! When I click on a "Post a reply" in my mail the site opens in Chrome asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by letumexordo, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Asked to Create a display name when trying to sign in

Split from this thread.Hey! I have a problem with signing in to my account! When I click on a "Post a reply" in my mail the site opens in Chrome asks me to create a display name. Because I have one currently when I type the one I'm using right now it says the display name is taken. And I'm not being able to sign in to my account! And I've created a thread to get a help but it deleted by a moderator!! **** is this?! I'm experiencing an issue that prevents me to use your site to get help and when I create a thread about it it gets deleted? ****?!

:)

letumexordo, Jun 9, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    How to change the name displayed on the sign-in screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Changing the username displayed on the sign-in screen depends on what account you're using to sign in. If you're using a Microsoft account, you may need to change your Microsoft account name online. If you're using a local account, you can change your account
    name from the Control Panel. To do so, follow the these steps:

• For Microsoft account:

• Click the Windows logo, and click on the gear icon to open
      Settings
    • Go to Accounts.
    • Select Your account.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft account link.
    • In your Microsoft account main page, click Edit name below your account picture.
    • Enter your preferred name, and click Save.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: Please keep in mind that it may take some time for the changes to take effect. Also, the name you entered on your Microsoft account will also be displayed on other Microsoft products and services that you're using.

• For local account:

• In the search file on your taskbar, type Control Panel, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Under User Account, click the Change account type link.
    • Choose your local account.
    • Click the Change the account name link.
    • Enter your preferred name, and click Change name to confirm.
    • Reboot your computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ramon Imp, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Asked to Create a display name when trying to sign in

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Asked to Create a display name when trying to sign in

1. Asked to Create a display name when trying to sign in - Similar Threads - Asked Create display

2. How can I create a display name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a display name?: I want log in to my computer with my Gmail address and at the end of the process it will show that "use this name to send message" and I'm stocked there. What's the problem please?...
  3. How can I create a display name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a display name?: I want log in to my computer with my Gmail address and at the end of the process it will show that "use this name to send message" and I'm stocked there. What's the problem please?...
  4. How can I create a display name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Loop at login when asked to create a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop at login when asked to create a PIN: February 27, 2023 My non technical husband went to login to his windows computer. He had forgotten his password so changed it.Select sign nPop up screen requests password, password enteredNext popup is create PIN, next is only choice so selected.Something went wrongWe weren’t...
  6. Loop at login when asked to create a PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loop at login when asked to create a PIN: February 27, 2023 My non technical husband went to login to his windows computer. He had forgotten his password so changed it.Select sign nPop up screen requests password, password enteredNext popup is create PIN, next is only choice so selected.Something went wrongWe weren’t...
  7. sign in name

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign in name: how to I change the name from owner to my name on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-name/661fcf45-30cd-46bd-8c9f-6d7449980f80
  8. Wrong account name when signing in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong account name when signing in: I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for a password. The password for my current account does not work, and rejects it. But I can't find a way to change the signin...
  9. Display Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Name: My sister gave her computer but when the sign in comes up it's her name and I would like to change it to say my name. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/2a743807-0ed8-45cb-85ad-e8b941c96583
  10. Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in: How to: Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in How to Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in...