Windows 10: Asking about firewall

Discus and support Asking about firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I started to use Avast firewall instead of windows firewall. Can Avast firewall make any privacy harm to my data or PC?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abhilash Sarma, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Asking about firewall

Today I started to use Avast firewall instead of windows firewall. Can Avast firewall make any privacy harm to my data or PC?

:)

Abhilash Sarma, Nov 22, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Asking about firewall

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Asking about firewall

1. Asking about firewall - Similar Threads - Asking firewall

2. WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC: I left my computer on its own for an hour and when I came back a game valorant and some websites weren't working on my end even when some websites such as youtube or google meet work perfectly fine with no issues. I resolved the issue by changing my DNS server, but everytime...
  3. WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 FIREWALL KEEPS ASKING FOR PERMISSION EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY PC: I left my computer on its own for an hour and when I came back a game valorant and some websites weren't working on my end even when some websites such as youtube or google meet work perfectly fine with no issues. I resolved the issue by changing my DNS server...
  4. Every time MS Edge updates, the firewall needs to ask permission again

in Browsers and Email
    Every time MS Edge updates, the firewall needs to ask permission again: hello very often when there is an update to edge, for instance there is one now from 88.0.705.50 then the Win10 firewall will ask again to authorise the access outgoing, that happens i think because the folder of the new version where Edge lives has changed, namely with the...
  5. Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking: hi there, I am often asked by Edge to allow the firewall for the "public" mode, however i am on a private network all the time recently, why does that happen? I don't really want to do it and it's annoying me... Second i noticed something strange, that is i have 2...
  6. winrmsrv.exe asking for firewall access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    winrmsrv.exe asking for firewall access: Recently, out of the blue, this firewall notification popped up. Seeing that it was from Microsoft, I allowed it, but later restarted my computer and the notification popped up again. I was suspicious and googled it. It's looks like it's some mining malware. There's another...
  7. Please HELP: malware winrmsrv.exe asked to interact with firewall; i declined; still it has...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please HELP: malware winrmsrv.exe asked to interact with firewall; i declined; still it has...: I wondered if anyone coud help me get rid of this virus. I apologize as i'm not really that computer savvy, i did my best. Things i've done: As soon as i denied the virus access to my firewall (one hour ago), i researched the malware a little bit. I hadn't heard about it...
  8. Windows firewall not asking for permissions for server services.

Windows firewall not asking for permissions for server services.: Hello. I have been a windows user ever since I remember and whenever I wanted to host a server, I always got a firewall prompt asking me whether I want allow the application to access the internet. I always clicked yes and everything worked, until recently. I am not sure...
  9. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall: So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not using a firewall, its completely disabled. Do I have to use a firewall in order to set the rule or am I missing something???...
  10. Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall

Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall: I am using Bitdefender Total Security - it is up to date and working perfectly but I have a continuous message from windows security telling me to turn on virus protect and firewall. Is this a fault with the update KB4483235 on 21/12/2018 as this is when it started please...