Windows 10: asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and...

Discus and support asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i am asking is it possible to delete unneccessary system files unneccessary files in window C microsoft sharepoint designer update or microsoft 2010... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IshaanSardana1, Mar 29, 2020.

1. asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and...

IshaanSardana1, Mar 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Some parts of the UI not working after the latest cumulative update

I'm running Windows 10 build 18362.295. Last day i checked for updates and installed the available cumulative update including the OS security updates. After the installation of these updates i started facing the below issues which happens often (sometime everything is working properly)

• Some parts of the GUI (on every window) is not working
    • I'm not able to use my touchpad gesture controls
    • Not able to click task bar icons, start button or anything on my task bar
    • It automatically triggers right click

I tried these methods to solve the issue:

• Tried uninstalling the latest cumulative updates, visiting Installed updates. But it is not showing uninstall option. I also tried the command line method but that too didn't work.
    • I ran these commands and restarted my PC,

As per View update history i have,

As per Installed Updates

I'm able to do all UI interaction using only keyboard, but not able to do the same using my external mouse or touch pad. As already mentioned these issues started after the recent updates. I tried searching google, but no where i found any useful information or problem similar to this.

Update

As pointed out by @john, i was not on the latest build. So i checked for updates again and installed updates.

Now the View Update History window shows this,

And Installed Updates window shows this,

I'm now on the latest build 18362.329

Mr Employee, Mar 29, 2020
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Mar 29, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and...

Files in disk cleanup

Hi Lynne

Rest assured, it is totally safe to delete everything suggested by the Disk Cleanup Process, please tun the Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, please remember to untick your Downloads folder if you actually store files in that folder . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and...

1. asking about system files cleanup and latest cumulative update is not unninstalling and... - Similar Threads - asking system files

2. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2: After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that point to corrupted system files. The first thing that happened was I received the error 0x8007042b after starting Microsoft...
  3. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2: After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that point to corrupted system files. The first thing that happened was I received the error 0x8007042b after starting Microsoft...
  4. About your windows or cumulative latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About your windows or cumulative latest update: your new latest update security update for microsoft KB5016616 + cumulative update net framework 3.5 - 4.8 KB5015XXXXX at 11 or 9 august 2022 i forgot which date this windows updated is good for desktop more smooth process taskbar, etcbut it COST my game running slow and very...
  5. About your windows or cumulative latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About your windows or cumulative latest update: your new latest update security update for microsoft KB5016616 + cumulative update net framework 3.5 - 4.8 KB5015XXXXX at 11 or 9 august 2022 i forgot which date this windows updated is good for desktop more smooth process taskbar, etcbut it COST my game running slow and very...
  6. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  7. Asking about a file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asking about a file: I have two files in different drive other than installed windows. Actually I do not know what are these files about. These files are as below: 118362.175.190612-0046.19h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd...
  8. Latest Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Cumulative Updates: Since KB4512941 and KB4511555 update yesterday i noticed the reset option in the advance option on most of the windows apps the details do not display correctly. [ATTACH]...
  9. Latest cumulative update

Latest cumulative update: KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) will not update and is causes many problems on my PC such as opening up setting and trying to log off. All freeze up. Tried troubleshooting and nothing changed same thing....
  10. disc cleanup after 1803 cumulative updates

disc cleanup after 1803 cumulative updates: 1803 cumulative updates take so long to be cleaned up with disc cleanup. I do so b/c I want to have a clean image in case I have to recover. Is there a faster way to clean up these updates? 113004