Windows 10: Asking about two identically-sized huge files from the May upgrade in the Windows Update...

Discus and support Asking about two identically-sized huge files from the May upgrade in the Windows Update... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 19043.928.210409-1212.21h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esdand19043.928.210409-1212.21h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bwprager123, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Asking about two identically-sized huge files from the May upgrade in the Windows Update...

19043.928.210409-1212.21h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esdand19043.928.210409-1212.21h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd_Each is nearly 4 GB in size. Both in the same directory, the Windows 10Upgrade directory , located on the D: drive, the Recovery Drive, as it's known.I understand that Windows can make use of this data in case of restoring a broken machine. What I don't know is if they contain the same or different data?I wonder, because I was having difficulty during the installation of the "upgrade" as many did: repeatedly updating, then undo

:)

bwprager123, Jun 19, 2021

2. windows.edb keeps growing to huge file size.

Hi Jay,

This issue that occurs on windows.edb’s file size keeps growing is being discussed on Microsoft Technet forum site. We suggest that you post your queries related to the said concern on this
    thread. Technet users are
    consists mostly of Microsoft’s professional IT experts which can address the concern better.

If you have other queries, don’t hesitate to ask.

Arthur Rui, Jun 19, 2021
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Asking about two identically-sized huge files from the May upgrade in the Windows Update...

Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Asking about two identically-sized huge files from the May upgrade in the Windows Update...

1. Asking about two identically-sized huge files from the May upgrade in the Windows Update... - Similar Threads - Asking identically sized

2. Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11: What does these two things mean?1. This PC must support Secure Boot2. TPM 2.0 must be supported. I looked on bing and confused myself even more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-questions-about-upgrading-to-windows-11/d3a051db-cca3-4b13-961b-d1e64ee135ae
  3. Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11: What does these two things mean?1. This PC must support Secure Boot2. TPM 2.0 must be supported. I looked on bing and confused myself even more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-questions-about-upgrading-to-windows-11/d3a051db-cca3-4b13-961b-d1e64ee135ae
  4. asking about ram or ssd upgradation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asking about ram or ssd upgradation: what happens when 4gb ram increases to 8gb or 250 gb ssd means what is the benefit of 4g ram or 250 gb ssd also what brand or speicfication ram or ssd needed for my laptop HP Laptop 15-da0xxx i3 core 7th generation...
  5. photo file sizes are huge and not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    photo file sizes are huge and not opening: [ATTACH] photos copied from phone and size of one photo is now 20 gb.. cant open it looks like this blue arrows is ntfs compress i did decompress but still cant acces my media files any help? submitted by /u/sheldorion [link] [comments]...
  6. About update 2020 may

About update 2020 may: You updated your apps to colorful apps in this update. I update it but my calculator app and windows defender app...etc. App's icon not changed. I update them too but look like older how can i fix help me....
  7. huge font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    huge font size: The font size on my computer is all of a sudden huge. I need help to get it back to normal. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-font-size/5e454194-9d60-46fd-9989-0922217bb5ff
  8. Asking about a file

Asking about a file: I have two files in different drive other than installed windows. Actually I do not know what are these files about. These files are as below: 118362.175.190612-0046.19h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd...
  9. My files size is huge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files size is huge: Hello, i backed up my phone to my pc (photos and videos). The size of the backup is 30GB, but the size on disk is.... 50TB (???). It's important to let you know that my hard drive has only 250gb, so i really don't understand what's going on. I already updated windows,...
  10. Error about my profile from May update.

Error about my profile from May update.: Can someone tell me what this means? And how can I fix whatever it is. When I turn on my pc I keep getting this pop up, that I need to contact my administrator. But I am the administrator!![ATTACH]...