Windows 10: Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.

Discus and support Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good afternoon! I'm hoping you can help us out. A user in my company is experiencing issues with his Windows Hello function. He's being asked for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Katarzyna Wzorek, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.

Good afternoon!

I'm hoping you can help us out.

A user in my company is experiencing issues with his Windows Hello function.

He's being asked for a PIN every time he logs in to his PC using a standard password and claims he's never created a PIN. The request appears at different, random times as well.
    There is no way of changing the PIN to something else or removing it, as the number is required before making such changes. He is certain he has never created one and there is no way of recovering the PIN using the "I forgot my PIN" option, as it doesn't appear in the Windows Hello settings at all.

We've changed his password as well, but it didn't help.

He is working on Windows 10.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards and Merry Christmas!

Katarzyna Wzorek

Digital Support Centre Trainee

:)

Katarzyna Wzorek, Dec 21, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Microsoft Teredo Tunelling Adapter doesn´t exist

My teredo tunneling adapter is non-existant on my pc, I´ve tried adding it by legacy hardware but it wasn´t there, I've set DisabledComponents to 0, it doesn´t show up when i view hidden devices and there´s no download for this driver apparently, I´ve
    tried a lot of solutions and nothing has worked for me.

Please help me, i can´t play multiplayer games with my friends and neither use party chat on the Xbox App.

carlosrdz117, Dec 21, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.

1. Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist. - Similar Threads - Asking PIN doesn't

2. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: I'm using my school account to ask this but, I have a personal account that I made when I bought my PC a couple years ago and while it's still connected to my PC whenever I try to login online I states the above. I went through Microsoft costumer service but, it didn't really...
  3. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account doesn't exist: I'm using my school account to ask this but, I have a personal account that I made when I bought my PC a couple years ago and while it's still connected to my PC whenever I try to login online I states the above. I went through Microsoft costumer service but, it didn't really...
  4. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: When my ex set up my computer, for some reason he made an Outlook account that I've never used. My sign in page for my computer has this email address and so I have a Microsoft account associated with that bogus email. All my photos are backing up to this account, all my...
  5. Pin that doesn’t exist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin that doesn’t exist: So, I just upgraded from WIN8.1 on my old laptop to WIN10 using the tools from the windows website - everything went smoothly, expect when I login it asks a pin I simply never put. I also can’t even use my password apparently, since the login screen only shows me the forget...
  6. Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into PC. Asks for pin. No sign in options. Account doesn't exist.: After an upgrade my PC asked for a pin. I do not have a windows pin i always used a password. I could not reset the pin because because the email account was incorrect from when it was set up due to a typo. The email did not exist. I had no other identification set up. I...
  7. Keyset doesn't exist

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyset doesn't exist: I reset my password two days or so ago and then when I was trying to figure out an issue with Skype saying my pin was an issue, I discovered that my account on my Microsoft computer stated that I needed to verify my identity. When I tried to do that, it gave me an error...
  8. Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist": Hi all, Lately I've been encountering "The specified path doesn't exist"error while trying to pin any folder to Quick Access. I've checked the solution on:...
  9. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin: Hello, when I try to sign into the windows 10 Microsoft store I keep being asked for a pin I never made. In order; I open the app, open the login, then imput my username and password. At which point is says i need to "set up my account with windows hello" so i click ok. Then...
  10. Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...