Windows 10: Asking for an adults permission

Discus and support Asking for an adults permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zendead, Jun 10, 2020.

1. zendead Win User

Asking for an adults permission

I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am tired of it happening. This is not the first time but it will be the last.

:)

zendead, Jun 10, 2020

2. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome

Also if you are an adult in your family and you are still having this issue do this.

• Ask for permission to use the program
    • go onto another web browser and log into the other email you or a family member uses
    • if you are not in the family tab add your self to the children's accounts
    • accept the request to use the program
    • then remove yourself from the children's account and into the adult section

Hope this helps.

NathanialJamieson, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive error while asking permission from adult for accessing Google Chrome. I would like to know the exact error message/code you receive.

However, since you have mentioned that you are using a child account, the work around would be to converting the child account to a local user account and try using Chrome. Kindly follow the steps to convert the child account to local account.

1. Go to Settings > Account >
      Your info.
    2. Now click on Sign in to a
      local account instead.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are an adult and still using a child account refer the article
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
    for more information.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Asking for an adults permission

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Asking for an adults permission

1. Asking for an adults permission - Similar Threads - Asking adults permission

2. asked parent permission despite being adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  3. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  4. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. You will need to ask an adult for permission to use this web site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You will need to ask an adult for permission to use this web site: Hi.I am the parent and family organiser in my group but I still get the "you will need to ask an adult for permission to use this website" message.How do I stop this. It is really annoying. it is usually when I try to buy something. I have re organised my family group but no...
  6. You will need to ask an adult for permission to use this web site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You will need to ask an adult for permission to use this web site: Hi.I am the parent and family organiser in my group but I still get the "you will need to ask an adult for permission to use this website" message.How do I stop this. It is really annoying. it is usually when I try to buy something. I have re organised my family group but no...
  7. Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator: Im the family administrator 1st my son tried to install game through his account but the massage of "request permission appear to him" I got no notification so i tried to install it from my account on the PC with surprise of same massage then i removed all the family...
  8. Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email

Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email: Repeatedly "ask by email" (using "child's" machine) and repeatedly selected "allowed" ("gave permission") to use the account, but it still doesn't work. Initially, it also alerted me to the need to update windows on the "child's" machine, which I did, but it still doesn't...
  9. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access: When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child account, plz fix...
  10. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...