Windows 10: asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop

Discus and support asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have the very long recovery key but it is very inconvenient to enter every time my Dell Inspiron 7773 boots? i disabled bitlocker on all the drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ecineko, Feb 22, 2021.

1. ecineko Win User

asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop

i have the very long recovery key but it is very inconvenient to enter every time my Dell Inspiron 7773 boots? i disabled bitlocker on all the drives but still being prompted to enter during the start up. please help

:)

ecineko, Feb 22, 2021
  2. pj04 Win User

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

3. System keeps asking for Bitlocker recovery key

Everytime I boot up, my system asks me for a bitlocker recovery key. I have Windows 10. How can I prevent this from happening?

laurie123#, Feb 22, 2021
  4. ReneHKTJ Win User

Eventhough SECURE BOOT enabled , Bitlocker keep me ask the recovery key

After i dual boot to Linux , my windows keep me asking the Recovery key everytime I boot the computer , this is completely annoying eventhough I can access my computer using the recovery key, it's very annoying. This makes me disabled the bitlocker, and
    back use without the bitlocker. Anyone can solve this problem?>

ReneHKTJ, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. asking for Bitlocker recovery Key everytime i boot the laptop - Similar Threads - asking Bitlocker recovery

2. My laptop asked for the bitlocker key and i went to into the recovery key section and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asked for the bitlocker key and i went to into the recovery key section and it...: I've waited and nothing happenedTraceID: VCmgp0xn5EOBvBc/.26.77It also had this there and i don't really know what it means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asked-for-the-bitlocker-key-and-i-went/789e9de1-052d-43e2-aebe-e61f6282f6c8
  3. My laptop asked for the bitlocker key and i went to into the recovery key section and it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop asked for the bitlocker key and i went to into the recovery key section and it...: I've waited and nothing happenedTraceID: VCmgp0xn5EOBvBc/.26.77It also had this there and i don't really know what it means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asked-for-the-bitlocker-key-and-i-went/789e9de1-052d-43e2-aebe-e61f6282f6c8
  4. When i turned on my laptop it asked bitlocker recovery key everytime. how i can disabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i turned on my laptop it asked bitlocker recovery key everytime. how i can disabled...: When i turned on my laptop it asked bitlocker recovery key everytime. how i can disabled it permanently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turned-on-my-laptop-it-asked-bitlocker/abcf8580-d7b0-4cdc-aae2-fd1e82dc0be8
  5. When i turned on my laptop it asked bitlocker recovery key everytime. how i can disabled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i turned on my laptop it asked bitlocker recovery key everytime. how i can disabled...: When i turned on my laptop it asked bitlocker recovery key everytime. how i can disabled it permanently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turned-on-my-laptop-it-asked-bitlocker/abcf8580-d7b0-4cdc-aae2-fd1e82dc0be8
  6. When i turned on my laptop it asked bitlocker recovery key everytime. how i can disabled...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows is asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: Windows is asking for BitLocker Recovery Key.I've already been forwarded to link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-fd2b3501-a4b9-61e9-f5e6-2a545ad77b3eHowever my windows account says I don't have any recovery keys associated with my...
  8. Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: My laptop has recently been stuck in a boot-loop where it keeps booting to the blue recovery menu probably because Windows is corrupted. I am unable to reset the computer as the drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I need a BitLocker Recovery Key. The problem is that I...
  9. BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Asks for Recovery Key Every 3-4 Boots: The subject says it all. I have to enter the 48-digit key for BitLocker very frequently. I've got the key, but its a pain to enter the key. Just to make it more annoying, I've got an Asus convertable laptop/tablet and it goes into table mode so the screen is sideways. I've...
  10. Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login: So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and...