Windows 10: Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

Discus and support Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the latest windows update I ran into an error (memory management : rapportKE64(.sys I think) ) It's trying to boot into the automatic system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Triscall, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

After the latest windows update I ran into an error (memory management : rapportKE64(.sys I think) )

It's trying to boot into the automatic system recovery but it's asking for my password, there is no option to change to PIN like in the usual Windows login.

I have a bootable USB stick with Ubuntu on it so I can get access to the HDD.

Is there any way to get the input changed to a PIN instead?

submitted by /u/Triscall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Triscall, Mar 16, 2021
  2. MrsT22110 Win User

forgotten pin

Hi,

I'm going around in circles here.

I want to download Windows Draw.

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked to sign In, but I am already signed in.

My contact phone number has changed so that won't work.

I go to the site suggested;

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked for details of my age etc.

An automated response come back saying I haven't provided the right data!

I still want to download Windows Draw.

Argghhhhh

MrsT22110, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

1. Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN - Similar Threads - Asking forgotten password

2. How to switch from using a PIN to using a password, when you've forgotten your local admin...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to switch from using a PIN to using a password, when you've forgotten your local admin...: Last year I was wanting to change my Microsoft account to be the Local Admin on my laptop. When I did that, it had me change my password, and set a PIN. A couple of days later I came to realize that I hadn't accomplished that, but instead converted the account on my laptop...
  3. Forgotten PIN#

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgotten PIN#: I created a PIN but have forgotten it. The e-mail address on the account had been hacked and I no longer have access to it to help re-set it. I noticed that there was the option for a phone number but I'm no longer getting that option. Is there anything I can do other that...
  4. forgotten pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgotten pin: Hi, I'm going around in circles here. I want to download Windows Draw. I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN. I click on "I have forgotten my PIN" I'm asked to sign In, but I am already signed in. My contact phone number has changed so...
  5. Windows 10 Force authentication back to password from PIN when PIN forgotten

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Force authentication back to password from PIN when PIN forgotten: Hi, I am trying to help someone who has locked themselves out of their PC because they have forgotten the PIN to their Microsoft account. They still have their account password so is there a way to force authentication back to password so they can log in and reset their PIN...
  6. How to create hello pin when forgotten and asked to type old pin to reset the pin

How to create hello pin when forgotten and asked to type old pin to reset the pin: So here's the deal: 1. I have forgotten my PIN 2. In order to reset the PIN, I am asked to enter my old PIN, which I have forgotten 3. How do I bypass the option to enter my old/original PIN which I have forgotten??? 4. If I retry even once too often, I am locked out....
  7. Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop

Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop: Hello, I forgot my windows local password and PIN on my own laptop, I got access for another user on the laptop, but not to my own! Please help...
  8. forgotten pin

forgotten pin: recover forgotten pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-pin/247758ce-b391-43fd-87c3-077e18dabb16"
  9. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  10. Forgotten PIN

Forgotten PIN: Hi, I have an old Ativ S mobile phone. Originally purchased as Win 8, it got the upgrade to Win 10. I bought a Windows mobile to replace it a couple of years ago and started using that, including setting up my OneDrive storage. However, I didn't take all the content off...