Windows 10: Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

Discus and support Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the latest windows update I ran into an error (memory management : rapportKE64(.sys I think) ) It's trying to boot into the automatic system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Triscall, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

After the latest windows update I ran into an error (memory management : rapportKE64(.sys I think) )

It's trying to boot into the automatic system recovery but it's asking for my password, there is no option to change to PIN like in the usual Windows login.

I have a bootable USB stick with Ubuntu on it so I can get access to the HDD.

Is there any way to get the input changed to a PIN instead?

submitted by /u/Triscall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Triscall, Mar 16, 2021
  2. MrsT22110 Win User

forgotten pin

Hi,

I'm going around in circles here.

I want to download Windows Draw.

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked to sign In, but I am already signed in.

My contact phone number has changed so that won't work.

I go to the site suggested;

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked for details of my age etc.

An automated response come back saying I haven't provided the right data!

I still want to download Windows Draw.

Argghhhhh

MrsT22110, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN

1. Asking for (forgotten) password when I usually use a PIN - Similar Threads - Asking forgotten password

2. I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.: I usually sign in using the fingerprint scanner, but just now, my computer told me I needed my pin to log in, but I have forgotten my pin.I tried signing in differently but I can’t choose to use my password, and the “I have forgotten my pin” button does not appear.I don’t...
  3. I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.: I usually sign in using the fingerprint scanner, but just now, my computer told me I needed my pin to log in, but I have forgotten my pin.I tried signing in differently but I can’t choose to use my password, and the “I have forgotten my pin” button does not appear.I don’t...
  4. Laptop windows 11 suddenly asks for password when usually I use PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop windows 11 suddenly asks for password when usually I use PIN: I restarted my laptop and usually, I log in with a PIN. But suddenly, it asks for a password instead and I can't log in at all. I'm stuck at the lock screen. Windows R is not working either because I need to enter with a password or else....
  5. Laptop windows 11 suddenly asks for password when usually I use PIN

Laptop windows 11 suddenly asks for password when usually I use PIN: I restarted my laptop and usually, I log in with a PIN. But suddenly, it asks for a password instead and I can't log in at all. I'm stuck at the lock screen. Windows R is not working either because I need to enter with a password or else....
  6. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  7. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  8. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. On my second laptop, forgotten the PIN, when I try the password, will ask for Authenticator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my second laptop, forgotten the PIN, when I try the password, will ask for Authenticator...: On my second laptop, forgotten the PIN, when I try the password, will ask for Authenticator code when Authenticator is not active on my phone. How should I reset my pin?...
  10. On my second laptop, forgotten the PIN, when I try the password, will ask for Authenticator...

On my second laptop, forgotten the PIN, when I try the password, will ask for Authenticator...: On my second laptop, forgotten the PIN, when I try the password, will ask for Authenticator code when Authenticator is not active on my phone. How should I reset my pin?...