Windows 10: asking for minor help

Discus and support asking for minor help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! I had a "virus" experience a coulpe of months ago. It wasnt anything "serious" it did some annoying **** and i deleted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaptainStex, Sep 29, 2020.

1. asking for minor help

Hello Everyone!

I had a "virus" experience a coulpe of months ago. It wasnt anything "serious" it did some annoying **** and i deleted it succesfully. It installed things i didnt approve of, it changed my primary web browser, it changed anything releated to browsers. And what i dont get is, it changed my primary search engine.... and its still changed.

Now my problem is, i tried to change it back, but its still the one it chose. I want to use google, and its bing. Yes thats all my problem asking for minor help :D....

Now you would ask, why would i care? In my browser, the actuall search enginge is google, so if i text something it uses that. BUT if im using the Task Manager and want to search after one application im not familiar with, it opens up my primary browser, and use bing. BUT in that browser the primarrrrrry engine is google.

My question is, how is this possible?:O

Ps: Yes i have win 10, thus why im here, and i use Opera GX browser.

submitted by /u/CaptainStex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaptainStex, Sep 29, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Read this before asking for help!

Below are some steps you should follow before asking for help, in order to get you the best help possible.

here are some basic suggestions that apply to the ENTIRE forum when asking for help
    • Come up with a proper thread title. "help!" "i broke it" and so on are no good. People will not click the thread link without knowing what its about.
    • Use proper spelling and grammar. If english is not your first language, get someone better than you to proof read it. We cannot help you if we cant understand you.
    • Fill out your user specifications here. Make sure you change the drop down box to "yes"
    • Wait for a response. Dont add needless posts asking for help such as "is anybody there?". It merely annoys people, so they wont bother to help you.
    • If you have more information to add, use the edit button and edit the first post. New people to the thread read the first post and may offer help not realising you've added more details further on.
    • List your problem in a clear and concise manner. See below for a good example and a bad example
    • Search for other people with the same problem in google. There could be an easy fix that has already been stated somewhere.
    • If you find another thread here on TPU with a similar problem, but NOT the same do not post your issue there. Start a new thread. Simply because it has something in common, does not mean its the same problem, nor does it mean it will have the same solution.
    • Be polite. no ones going to help you if you arent nice to them. If people arent nice to YOU, ignore them and hit the "report post" button underneath their name.
    Good example:
    Hello, when i play 3D games my computer restarts. my PSU is a 400W Bestec that came with the case and my video card is a radeon 2600XT. What can i do to find out why its restarting?
    I'm running windows XP service pack 1 and catalyst 8.12 drivers from the AMD website.
    The problem has been happening for months, but i never got around to fixing it.

Bad example:
    my stupid comp is crashn n stuff. tell me how to fix it before i smash the darn thing.

Here are some suggestions specific to the overclocking and cooling sections of the forum.
    (IN PROGRESS)

• Gather every shred of information you can. Memory timings, default voltages, idle temperatures and load temperatures. EVERYTHING.
    • Google your problem. If you find something half related - link us. it may have answers we need.
    • Make sure you test the system properly with some like OCCT's LINPACK test. Run it for a few hours. Make sure you're stable at stock speeds before bothering with OCing, you could have faulty hardware or inferior even before you overclock.
    • Let us know clearly what you want to achieve, and whats stopping you. People will offer lots of solutions and advice, but its no use solving the wrong problem.

Mussels, Sep 29, 2020
  4. asking for minor help

Minor Problems

Hi Gwen,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Is this issue confined only with google chrome?
    • Are you getting any error message when opening any apps?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: You can suggest this troubleshooter for Windows apps issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Use the following steps, checking after each step to see if the issue is resolved.

• Run WSReset.exe.
    • Re-register Windows Store by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Method 3: Let’s try to identify the exact cause that is creating the overheat issue. Follow the methods:

Please follow the steps to run the system maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

asking for minor help

1. asking for minor help - Similar Threads - asking minor help

2. asking help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asking help: Why icon of pictures are not shown?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-help/146f2cbb-146e-4898-b1b1-56416e25e72b
  3. asking help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asking help: Why icon of pictures are not shown?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-help/146f2cbb-146e-4898-b1b1-56416e25e72b
  4. Asking for help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for help: Hi! Recently I had reset my lap. Now I have some issues. First I can't open lockscreen settings in personalisation. It is just popping up and closing. "Directaccess log from %1!s!\\%2!s! -%3!s!" is showing after connected to wifi is also an issue....
  5. Asking for help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for help: Hi! Recently I had reset my lap. Now I have some issues. First I can't open lockscreen settings in personalisation. It is just popping up and closing. "Directaccess log from %1!s!\\%2!s! -%3!s!" is showing after connected to wifi is also an issue....
  6. Asking for help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cortana for minors

in Cortana
    Cortana for minors: I'm thirteen years but can't sing into Cortana. Are thirteen-years old's under the age restriction? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-minors/63b5d36f-6e7f-476f-8319-95dba7566af1
  8. ASKING HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ASKING HELP: Hey everyone i just got a new desktop pc and downloaded windows and i was wondering becouse i have a laptop with a license with my microsoft account connected can i activate my new one with my microsoft account? keep in mind im not that experienced with computers so i friend...
  9. Ask for help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ask for help: Hi, Windows mobility centre has disabled my wifi access and I am unable to switch it back on, I am using windows 10 on my Asus Laptop Can you please assist me Regards, Paty...
  10. Minor Dilemma

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minor Dilemma: I have recently installed a Linux Samba file server on my home network. All is well with it. The issue I'm having is my one Win 10 machine is seeing itself, the other Win 10 machine, the router and the Linux. This machine (the other Win 10) only sees itself and the other Win...