Windows 10: Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Discus and support Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know have all of my computers on Windows 10. When I had only one on Windows 10 I could share all of the computers and their files including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Holzcpa, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Holzcpa Win User

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

I know have all of my computers on Windows 10. When I had only one on Windows 10 I could share all of the computers and their files including the Windows 10 one. Now I can only share printers. I can see all of the computer under Network but when I press on one of the other computers I get a gray and white screen that says I need Network Credentials. I go to user accounts - manage credentials but I can't see the password that is on the screen - just little dots.

I even try to set up a net account but nothing works. So very frustrating with this.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? All of my folders are set as public because it says that is how you share them.

Thanks.

***Modified title from: Network Credentials***

:)

Holzcpa, Jan 15, 2020

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jan 15, 2020
  3. network credentials

"Network Credentials" still pops on my other computer Gerardscave and Dadscave will not list Gerardscave in the network. Gerardscave will list Dadscave but cannot access it. They are cat 6 wired through the same router.

GerardKaiser, Jan 15, 2020
  4. w1ksz Win User

NETWORK PROBLEM: Network Credentials

I created a Workgroup for three computers in my house, all three have the same Workgroup Name and all
    three show up when I open the Network tab.

BUT, when I try to access one of the other two computers, it keeps asking for "Network Credentials".

Now I Googled "Network Credentials" and got a big can of worms. Is there a simple way I can set up
    "Network Credentials" on all three computers ?

Or, better yet, how can I remove the requirement to have Network Credentials ? It's only me and my three
    computers.

I run Windows 10 Pro on all three, two are 64 bit, one is 32 bit.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Richard S.

w1ksz, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network - Similar Threads - Asking Network Credentials

2. Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Credentials Request when trying to access another pc on home Network: I have a desktop PC and a Laptop on my home network. I could share file using the network and sharing option. After the 1803 update when Homegroup was removed I could no longer access the computers in either direction without the Enter Network Credentials appearing. Recently,...
  3. Network computer not acceptin credentials.

Network computer not acceptin credentials.: I have a private wireless network with three computers all running Windows 10. Two use the same Microsoft account and the third uses a different one but they all show up in File Explorer on the first two. But when I try to open the third one I get a request for credentials. I...
  4. Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network

Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I have a small home network (Microsoft), using computers with Windows10 & Windows 7. I have set the file sharing options same as on my other computers. But whenever I try to access a folder on another...
  5. windows security is suddenly asking for network credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security is suddenly asking for network credentials: I am running windows 10 with a DROBO attached via usb port to the computer. I am also using Genie Timeline Profession 2017 to maintain a backup. There is a new prompt that comes up when I try to access the DROBO it is a request to enter network credential to connect to the...
  6. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.: My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File. Both...
  7. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...
  8. Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network

Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network: Why does MS make it a constant struggle to access other computers on a homegroup. Every time there is an update for windows 10 I have to reestablish my homegroup on all of my home network computers to share or copy files. Frankly it is a royal pain. Thanks Joe...
  9. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...
  10. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials: Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running...