Windows 10: Asking for Network Credentials

Discus and support Asking for Network Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two machines, A and B. Both run W10 1909 as local accounts. Each have the same user name and are connected to the same private network. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bluewind, May 26, 2020.

1. Bluewind Win User

Asking for Network Credentials

I have two machines, A and B. Both run W10 1909 as local accounts. Each have the same user name and are connected to the same private network. Both appear in the other's File Explorer. A can access B but when tries to access A it gets an "Enter Network Credentials" message. I've no idea what to enter.

Perhaps having the same user name on each machine confuses the issue.

Will someone please work with me to get around this?

I will really appreciate help.

:)

Bluewind, May 26, 2020

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, May 26, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are being asked for credentials when trying to access computers on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

Ideally, when you are asked for credentials, you will need to enter the username and password of the computer which you are trying to access. If you are on a secured network, you can turn off password protected sharing under Network and sharing options
    and you will not be prompted for a password.

If you are unable to access the computer by entering the username and password of the computer, one of thing that I can suggest you is to try entering the Device name and password when you receive the prompt. To check for the Device name, go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> About.

If that doesn’t work, try the steps mentioned below:

1. On the computer for which you are being asked for password, type
      command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon, and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type whoami and hit
      Enter
    You will get the name of the device, try using the name as the username and use the computer password.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2020
  4. Asking for Network Credentials

Edit Network Credentials

I just got my laptop back from the repair shop where the HD was wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled. I want to share other network devices, but I'm being asked for my Network Credentials. I don't know what they are. I can follow the steps to get to the credentials
    details link from Control Panel, but I can't seem to change or remove the hidden password. Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Phil Irons, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Asking for Network Credentials

1. Asking for Network Credentials - Similar Threads - Asking Network Credentials

2. File Share on networked PC asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share on networked PC asks for credentials: I can access shared folders from Windows 10, but it requires credentials. I have password protection turned off, so I don't know why it's asking for this. I entered credentials that I happen to remember, and I'm able to sign in. Where are these credentials, and why is it...
  3. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  4. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  5. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  6. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  7. backup to network drive asks for credentials

backup to network drive asks for credentials: I'm getting ready to create a system image of my wife's computer. I wish to put it on a logical drive partition on an external drive that is connected to my computer and shared through our home lan. We are both hardwired to the LAN through ethernet. I can access it from her...
  8. windows 10 network issue asking for credentials

windows 10 network issue asking for credentials: I have just reinstalled windows 10 as I was having issues updating. I am now trying to setup a network. I have setup file sharing etc. my network is private. I have turned on network discovery and I have turned off the pin and the need to sign into windows.when I try to...
  9. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.: My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File. Both...
  10. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows networking keeps asking for network credentials