Windows 10: Asking for parental permission...?

Discus and support Asking for parental permission...? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wildfire226, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Asking for parental permission...?

I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT in a Microsoft family, this wasn’t happening even yesterday. I have no idea how to fix this, and any help online I’ve has not worked.

submitted by /u/Wildfire226
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wildfire226, Jul 31, 2020

2. Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Asking for parental permission...?

Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues when using Google Chrome on your PC as it keeps asking for permission from parent.

Ideally, you get this error if you were previously added into Family Group as a Child account and then Google Chrome was restricted from being used.

Let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if that helps in fixing the issue.

Method 1:

Try re-installing Google Chrome on your PC. Refer the below articles to re-install Google Chrome on your PC.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and then login with the same Microsoft Account and see if you face the same issue. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to convert Microsoft Account to Local Account.

1. Press Windows + S to open Search
    2. Now type Your account info
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you move to a local account create a new user account and sign in with your Microsoft Account and then see if you receive the same error. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

In addition, you can also try providing the parental consent for your Account and see if that helps. Refer the section
    How do I provide consent for a child account? and sub-section
    I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?
    from the article

Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Asking for parental permission...?

1. Asking for parental permission...? - Similar Threads - Asking parental permission

2. Stuck on Parent permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Parent permission?: So I a friend of mine opened a mircosoft account and he mistakenly didnt change the age which made his account a children's account.We changed the date afterwards and now it's the correct date he was born in 2000Now for some reason he still needs an adult permission to open...
  3. asked parent permission despite being adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  4. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  5. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  7. Parent permission error

Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  8. Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?

Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?: After installing an update and shutting down my computer for the night, I woke up next morning to find that Chrome was telling me to ask an adult for permission to add time to use it. I am a teenager with my dad who controls the family features, but the day before and as long...
  9. parent permissions

parent permissions: I can't use any apps besides internet explorer because of my account being set as a child. I need the adult account removed so I can gain my oermissions back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parent-permissions/d3ee162f-ca1d-45ac-a5c3-833666e0f4c6
  10. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing: I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask for parental...