Windows 10: Asking for Password not Exist after Update

Discus and support Asking for Password not Exist after Update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SJL, Jun 18, 2018.

1. SJL
    SJL Win User

Asking for Password not Exist after Update

After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win 8 desktop PC, to no avail!

It will not respond to F8 or any "F" commands for that matter, so no Safe Mode! The only thing that it will respond to 50% of the time is pressing "Shift" then Restart, which takes me to a light blue "Choose an Option" screen. These 4 options are about as useful as the lame suggestions in the various support forums, where these geniuses suggest going to various files/folders...which would be nice if not Locked out!! It's like saying my engine won't start and the best answer is, "just drive it to the mechanic"... Sorry, just frustrated bc all was well until today's update!
    Although a first for me, seems to be a common issue w/Win 10, which I've had since '16 and still not a fan in spite of the few improvements... Please advise with a viable solution. Keep in mind, there was never a password and I'm locked out, so No access to PC, files, utility, etc.
    Thank you,

:)

2. Cortana asking for a non-existent "old password"

Tried all the suggestion you sent me nothing would work Cortana still asking for a old password but there is no existing password tried to sign in with my current msa password also nothing this is ridiculous

paulself_878, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Cortana asking for a non-existent "old password"

Hello Paul,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Is this is the first time you are trying to sign in to Cortana?
    • Did you try to check if similar issues occur when you sign through Microsoft Account(MSA)?
    • What is the current build of Windows 10 installed in your computer?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to refer to the below thread wherein one of our Forum Moderators,
    Vinod Archak has replied to a similar scenario.

Why does Cortana ask me to “Enter your old password one last time”?

If it still does not help, I suggest you to make sure that you have changed your location/region and language of the PC to the ones supported for Cortana.

Ref:
    Cortana's regions and languages

Follow the below steps to check for the correct system locale in your PC:

• Control Panel
    • Select Change date, time, or number formats
    • In the Region dialog appears, choose Administrative and click
      Change system locale.
    • Select a appropriate system locale

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you better.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 19, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Asking for Password not Exist after Update - Similar Threads - Asking Password Exist

2. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update asking for email password after updating: Once again a Windows update breaks my PC, this is every second or third update I lose a hard drive, damage a CPU/GPU or have to reinstall Windows, but this time after going through a FULL Windows setup after updating, which I only had to do 2 weeks ago, it is asking me for...
  3. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update asking for email password after updating: Once again a Windows update breaks my PC, this is every second or third update I lose a hard drive, damage a CPU/GPU or have to reinstall Windows, but this time after going through a FULL Windows setup after updating, which I only had to do 2 weeks ago, it is asking me for...
  4. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  6. After reset asking for admin password

After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  7. will not ask for password after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    will not ask for password after sleep: I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without...
  8. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  9. money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...

money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...: Hello, My hard drive crashed on a 1 year old computer and I got it repaired and recovered all data except Microsoft Money 2005 which may have been Money Plus 2005. I re installed the program but it asks to restore a back up file to restore the information and then asks for...
  10. Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after update pc asking for password