Windows 10: Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it!

Discus and support Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi: Anytime I try to open UACUser Account Control oe other features to make changes a dialog box displays message asking me for a password for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RezaNiazi, Oct 2, 2020.

1. RezaNiazi Win User

Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it!

Hi:

Anytime I try to open UACUser Account Control oe other features to make changes a dialog box displays message asking me for a password for the user which I has set as a standard user type and did not set a password for it. I have tried and logged in with my Microsoft account user and password but it did not work. By the way, I have also tried commands; gpedit.msc and netplwiz, but still get the same message. So, could you tell me if there is any other ways to reset the password for this account or even delete it?

Thanks,

:)

RezaNiazi, Oct 2, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

The only real difference is when a UAC prompt comes up in a standard user account instead of just having a yes or no button, it will ask for an administrator account username and password.

newtekie1, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    admin & standard user accounts

Hi Pub Fan,

You can create a new user account on your computer and set is as an administrator. Follow the steps provided on this

page
    . Once you have added a new administrator account, you can change the account type of the original user profile to standard. You can also remove the password for the original account using the new one. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the new user account.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user profile.
    • Select Change the password.
    • Without typing anything in the password fields, click on Change password.
    You will not lose any passwords for your internet sites after applying the changes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Oct 2, 2020
  4. makhan10 Win User

Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

my son while installing game minecraft on Win10 standard account (see attach image) it did not ask for administrator password

while installing the same game on Win 8 standard account it asks for administrator account.

makhan10, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it! - Similar Threads - Asking Standard User

2. Setting up a standard user account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a standard user account in Windows 11: When I installed Windows 11 I gave it my Microsoft account that I use for Office 365 and all other versions of Windows. That is my Admin account by default. With reading these forums and the new Office exploits that attack your system from even previewing a malicious doc or...
  3. Setting up a standard user account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a standard user account in Windows 11: When I installed Windows 11 I gave it my Microsoft account that I use for Office 365 and all other versions of Windows. That is my Admin account by default. With reading these forums and the new Office exploits that attack your system from even previewing a malicious doc or...
  4. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  5. Standard User reset Admin user password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  6. Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any

Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any: I have a windows local account that has no password. I did this by not typing any characters and proceeding to continue. it worked a day ago because I was having a worse case back then turned out I was using a Microsoft account that really require signing in everytime. see my...
  7. Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password: my son while installing game minecraft on Win10 standard account (see attach image) it did not ask for administrator password while installing the same game on Win 8 standard account it asks for administrator account. 150076
  8. reset standard user account forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset standard user account forgotten password: Hello signed on the computer as admin, how can i reset a standard user account forgotten password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-standard-user-account-forgotten-password/e2b24ec6-07fe-4ec1-b8b8-06165aff6936"
  9. Change a standard account password

Change a standard account password: My laptop has a separate standard account which I set up for my older son. He forgot his password. In the admin account I can access his account of course, but there is no option for changing the password. How do I reset the password?...
  10. Admin Password with Standard User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Password with Standard User: I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-with-standard-user/69ab0540-cab7-4199-b339-04cb7d920478